Rant over Water supply

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

A few years ago the water supply was sold off to a private buyer. Remembering I am out here in the province, where things happen in a clouded way, with a nudge nudge wink wink say no  more. Money talks.

Four days ago the water supply stopped.

We found out via Facebook that it was due to maintenance issues from the supply system which turned out to be BS, funny that after 3 days it can’t be fixed.

About the same time we had a flood in the laundry which turned out to be the discharge hose from the washing machine being  chewed out by the rats , luckily I found a replacement on Lazada.

Lucky for us that we have had a lot of rain lately so there is a good head of water in the bore.

I don’t know whether to buy a lottery ticket or not this week.

We sent one of our workers out to have a look at the damage to the tank that is the source of our water and he told us that the damage is massive, would I be surprised to learn that the fault is due to no maintenance and that the new owners are just taking the money.

Or is it just another day in the Philippines?

Rant over

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Joe LP
Posted
Posted

These things are common in the Philippines.  Not a sure thing or an every time thing, but common.  Maintenance is just not a thing that is a part of this culture.  

A "van transport" company here who's been around for some time decided to try their hand at doing ferry work.  So they went out and bought a brand new catamaran ferry.  A nice one.  I have taken it more than a few times to get to Cebu City.  Well, last year I needed it.  It was down.  When I called to see what's going on(my need was still a few weeks away) they told me it was down for maintenance.  I find out later talking to the local office that sells tickets for it, but is not owned by it, that it was already down over a couple months.  And it took a few more months before it was back up.  

So one, it wasn't anything to do with maintenance.  And two, as they do with many words, the might have change the meaning of maintenance from work to keep something working at optimal level, to repair something after it's broken.  The wife even has fun with the humor of what locals mean when they say maintenance these days as more and more examples of what maintenance is and what locals call it is called to be noticed.  

• Like 3