C.L.I.T

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is a town in the Philippines called, "Sexmoan."  I always wanted to visit and purchase a t-shirt.  I believe they changed the name.

(NOTE:  Did a check on Google.  The town is now called, "Sasmuan."  Another visitor destination lost due to government meddling.)

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

There is a town in the Philippines called, "Sexmoan."  I always wanted to visit and purchase a t-shirt.  I believe they changed the name.

(NOTE:  Did a check on Google.  The town is now called, "Sasmuan."  Another visitor destination lost due to government meddling.)

Small town in Idaho called Athol.   Always wondered if the locals are called Athol's. :whistling:

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Small town in Idaho called Athol.   Always wondered if the locals are called Athol's. :whistling:

I come originally from a small town in Victoria, Australia called Castlemaine, a pretty little leafy town.

The tree changer upper crust types like to refer to themselves as Castlemainians... but us born and bred locals know the real term is Castlemaniacs :hystery:

• Haha 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Best name ever is Intercourse, a township located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.  This is in Amish country where the residents of this religious group do not believe in electricity and modern conveniences.  They use horse and buggy for transportation; hang clothes to dry after handwashing them; use oil lamps at night; dress in turn of the century clothes.  No cellphones.  The Amish speak a Germanic dialect and refer to all outsiders as, "English."  

• Like 3