US passport renewal by mail

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Has anyone renewed their passport by mail with the US embassy in Manila? Any problems? How long did it take? 

Thanks guys

couch potato.jpg

Gator
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, scott h said:

Has anyone renewed their passport by mail with the US embassy in Manila? Any problems? How long did it take?

Their website says 4-6 weeks, but who knows if that’s really true. It might help if you include a “planned itinerary” for an international trip 8-10 weeks out from the date you submit your renewal application. 

MARCH 22, 2023

U.S. Embassy Manila, Philippines

U.S. Consular Agency Cebu, Philippines  

March 20, 2023  

Message for U.S. Citizens: All eligible U.S. citizens can renew their passports by mail

Renew your passport with ease and convenience!  With our mail-in passport renewal service, you can quickly and easily renew your passport without ever having to leave the comfort of your own home.  Visit our website for STEP-BY-STEP instructions to renew by mail.

Processing times are the same (four to six weeks) whether you renew by mail or in person.

You are eligible to renew by mail if you can answer yes to all the following:

1. You can submit your most recent U.S. passport book by mail with your application.
  2. You were at least 16 years old when my most recent passport book was issued.
  3. You were issued your most recent U.S. passport book less than 15 years ago.
  4. Your most recent U.S. passport book has/had a validity of 10 years from issuance to expiration.
  5. Your most recent U.S. passport book was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change by submitting a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order with your passport application).
  6. You reside in and/or have a valid mailing address in the Philippines.

Skip the line and save time!

Source:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/message-for-u-s-citizens-all-eligible-u-s-citizens-can-renew-their-passports-by-mail-march-20-2023/#:~:text=the .gov website.-,U.S. Embassy,Philippines&text=Processing times are the same,by mail with your application.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, scott h said:

I think I had a topic on this.  I renewed in 2021 during Covid.  The main issue was that they were requiring 2Go as the courier then and I had a lot of problems with them.  Now that they have gone back to Air21, it should be fine.  Air21 has been fine for embassy work.  If I can figure out how long it took, I will let you know.  It was not bad.  Less than a month.

Edited by OnMyWay

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

There has been a lot of talk in the news about significant delays for getting passports in general in the U.S. Many reports are saying 4 to 6 months to complete the process. Just google the news for delayed passports.