Air ticket booking on December from London to Manila.

Sophia
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm planning to travel back to Manila from London by coming December. I'm finding difficult to get a good price for my flight almost all the agents are giving a higher rate.

Does anyone have any idea on how to get a lowest rate or an agent who offer cheaper air ticket rates and also should be Tagalog speaking for a easy communication.

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

Try using the airlines website instead of an agent.

I have found this to be cheaper many times.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Sophia. 

December/Christmas airline tickets are very high because folks want to be with family during the holidays. 

Sky Scanner is a good app to compare prices; https://www.skyscanner.com 

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Sophia said:

Does anyone have any idea on how to get a lowest rate or an agent who offer cheaper air ticket rates and also should be Tagalog speaking for a easy communication.

Sadly there are no good deals in December. As a travel agent told me many years ago, "Christmas comes in December every year and the airlines know this and increase prices people pay, the planes are full the airlines are happy. " Prices start dropping about mid January. Perhaps plan a late Christmas? I used to do that

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome Sophia. I normally use Kayak.com when checking fares..   As other have said, the fares go up during the Christmas season as Filipinos travel home for the holidays. 

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Skyscanner first then you have a idea of the price then try the airline to compare the prices also have you thought about different airports rather then just London , Birmingham and Manchester have flights May find a big difference in prices too.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I always use Skyscanner and set it to whole month. Just checked and they have flights for 35k pesos which doesn't sound bad, I remember paying 30k pesos 6 years ago.

Joey G
Posted
Posted

The day you leave, the day you return, and length of the trip are big factors in tickets prices.   "Google flights" allows you to adjust dates and will give a matrix of possibilities.