Onion prices

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2023/1/11/High-prices-of-onions-in-PH-explainer.html

"The DA then set the suggested retail price (SRP) for red onions at ₱250 per kilogram. The agency also monitors the markets to see if the SRP is being implemented."

The price in Ormoc is 600 to 700.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Lee1154 said:

https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2023/1/11/High-prices-of-onions-in-PH-explainer.html

"The DA then set the suggested retail price (SRP) for red onions at ₱250 per kilogram. The agency also monitors the markets to see if the SRP is being implemented."

The price in Ormoc is 600 to 700.

Things seemed to have settled down here in central Negros with regards to fresh fruit and veggies.  Yes, still higher than they were but nowhere near as bad as the last 18 months or so. 

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 9/2/2023 at 8:16 AM, Tommy T. said:

Maybe not the correct topic for this post....

However, I now can get yellow onions again (didn't check the prices - I want yellow onions so that's what I buy for my cooking).

Bega cheese has started to become available again at SM here in Davao - first time in maybe a year or more. The grocery stores carry shredded cheeses but I don't buy them since they get moldy very quickly after opening the package....and they cost more. S & R is always an option, but a hassle to get to for me - I prefer to shop locally if possible.

On Thursday I shopped at the closest grocery store - NCCC - and was totally impressed with the modernity, westernize-style of displays and available items - and they had Sour Cream!!!!! First time I have seen that except at S & R for a long, long time. Also very excellent service, modern check-out systems (including the product conveyer that actually works!), good selection of veggies (I found full size real celery and so cooked up a long neglected Chinese dish I have longed for since first coming to Philippines).

I didn’t see any Bega cheese yet at SM Clark the other day nor at Puregold Dau yesterday. Red and yellow onions at Puregold: 200 and 175 pesos per kg respectively. 

• Like 1