Walang Pasok!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here we go again!  Last Monday was a holiday, and then school has been canceled everyday since.  Our private school is inside Subic Bay Freeport Zone, but they follow the direction of the Mayor of Olongapo, Rolen Paulino Jr.  Son of the previous mayor, Rolen Paulino Sr.

Every year when there is a heavy monsoon, they do this.  Yet the malls stay open and all the kids are there.  Hmmm.

At a high level, this is just another way the elites keep the masses uneducated.  No respect for education.  Which leads me to another point.  Elite Brent Int'l School, also in the freeport, does their own thing.  They have been open all week.  Yet all the other private schools follow the direction of Olongapo.

Rant over.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Here we go again!  Last Monday was a holiday, and then school has been canceled everyday since.  Our private school is inside Subic Bay Freeport Zone, but they follow the direction of the Mayor of Olongapo, Rolen Paulino Jr.  Son of the previous mayor, Rolen Paulino Sr.

Every year when there is a heavy monsoon, they do this.  Yet the malls stay open and all the kids are there.  Hmmm.

At a high level, this is just another way the elites keep the masses uneducated.  No respect for education.  Which leads me to another point.  Elite Brent Int'l School, also in the freeport, does their own thing.  They have been open all week.  Yet all the other private schools follow the direction of Olongapo.

Rant over.

My son's school was closed Monday for the holiday, then on Tuesday and Wednesday due to the weather (Tuesday I agree with, Wednesday not so much) but OK for Thursday and Friday and this week.  Our schools all follow the Mayor's instruction but different parts of the municipality have different conditions i.e. rural v city so the one-size-fits-all approach makes little sense.  

When I was a student  we maybe had 1 or 2 days out due to weather but nothing like here. Again, we can see how important education is seen by the powers above.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Cancelled again today.  Barely drizzled so far.

• Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1