Movers and Self Storage Units in Cebu City

MikeyD
Posted
Posted

We are planning to move soon and have several Balikbayan boxes and assorted items we will need to move either to our new rental or to storage.  We don’t have any furniture, just approximately 20 balikbayan box size boxes - 20x20x20 and 20x17x23 inches.  I have found some movers online but wanted to ask here.  Has anyone used a moving service in Cebu City and/or know of a good one?

Also, if we can’t find a place big enough to keep the boxes with us we will need to find a place to store them. I have found a few self storage places online but wanted to know - does anyone know of a good self storage place in Cebu City in cases we wind up needing to use one?

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

We are planning to move soon and have several Balikbayan boxes and assorted items we will need to move either to our new rental or to storage.  We don’t have any furniture, just approximately 20 balikbayan box size boxes - 20x20x20 and 20x17x23 inches.  I have found some movers online but wanted to ask here.  Has anyone used a moving service in Cebu City and/or know of a good one?

Also, if we can’t find a place big enough to keep the boxes with us we will need to find a place to store them. I have found a few self storage places online but wanted to know - does anyone know of a good self storage place in Cebu City in cases we wind up needing to use one?

When I moved between apartments in Angeles I used a company called “Transportify”. Very reasonable pricing and good service. I think they’re also in Cebu as well. 

But since you only have a few boxes why not rent a car, like an Innova, or a van for a day? The rear seats in the Innova fold flat and they’re quite roomy inside. If you don’t want to drive you can rent with a driver, who I’m sure for a few hundred pesos tip would also help with the boxes. 

Sorry, but can’t help with a self storage place. Good luck with your move.

Note: I’m not affiliated with nor do I receive any compensation for recommending this company: 

https://www.transportify.com.ph

Edited by Gator
Forgot to add link.

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

I am thinking of moving as well and have similar questions.   I did find a company that not only will put your things in storage they will actually come pick your things up as well.    https://www.storagemart.com.ph/

My initial plan is to rent a place for a month or so and look around till I can find a place I want to call home.  Has anybody had any experience with Storage Mart, or can another company be recommended?   Plan is to look/settle in either Subic or Clark.   Thanks in advance!!!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

I did find a company that not only will put your things in storage they will actually come pick your things up as well. 

But will they also return your things when you want them back :hystery: and guarantee they have not been stolen, damaged, or infested with rats or bugs?

When I needed stuff stored I used to leave it with good friends.  That was the best way to ensure I got it back in good condition.

• Haha 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, MikeyD said:

does anyone know of a good self storage place in Cebu City in cases we wind up needing to use one?

https://storagetown.ph/

19 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Has anyone used a moving service in Cebu City and/or know of a good one?

Maxim, Lalamove, or Facebook marketplace with cheaper options.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

But will they also return your things when you want them back :hystery: and guarantee they have not been stolen, damaged, or infested with rats or bugs?

When I needed stuff stored I used to leave it with good friends.  That was the best way to ensure I got it back in good condition.

When we moved here from Hong Kong we shipped a half-container (approx 75 boxes) and they were in storage for about 3 months.  We were concerned about damage etc etc but all 75 boxes were delivered undamaged.  The fee included packing and unpacking both ends but we did the unpacking ourselves as there was no way we would have been able to have all boxes unpacked at once.  That said, we used an international shipper so I assume they were switched on.  We had the same positive experience when we moved from the UK to Hong Kong albeit the storage was shorter.  

• Like 1