One step forward, one step backward

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Possum said:

You are lucky. In a similar situation we only got satisfaction after filing a written complaint with DTI. Customer service and satisfaction is not a thing here for the most part. Also, there are some just strange things that happen when buying appliances. We wanted a clothes dryer and the only suitable model was the one on display at SM. Been there done that so got them to agree to sell it pretty quick. But they said they couldn't sell it at the moment because the guy that was in charge of that brand wasn't available to demonstrate it, though there were at least 10 employees standing around. In an hour he arrived and plugged it in, it spun around and heated. Demonstration over. By then I was annoyed so just for the heck of it I told him I didn't think it was spinning in the right direction. He said he would call the supplier about that but I told him that was OK I'll just turn the plug over when I get it home. He looked relieved.

Yep...as it was already beyond the initial 7-day store guarantee period I knew we'd have some hurdles to jump but I kept up the 3-pronged attack and got there.  I also resorted to threatening a visit to DTI (not an empty threat, I would have pursued it) as well as quoting the relevant legislation. 

The whole experience just reconfirmed (for the 1000th time) how this country works and how even the little guys don't stick up for the other little guys.   

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hopefully you guys will get this resolved quickly. 
In our experience once we hand over the money all bets are off.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Hopefully you guys will get this resolved quickly. 
In our experience once we hand over the money all bets are off.

Thanks!

Yes, and no.  You can forget getting any money back despite what the law says but if you're willing to persevere you will get some satisfaction as per both my and Possum's experience.  

• Like 1