SRRV App

jdp5353
Posted
Posted

Hi,  

I’m hoping someone can help me with a few questions I have about the SRRV application process. I’m a 58 year old UK national (my wife is a German national). We’ve been resident in Thailand for the last 9 years. We’d now like to apply for the SRRV Smile ($20k deposit option) with me as principal and my wife as dependant spouse. Some of the questions we have are below. Many thanks in advance for any of them you can help us with!

1. Should we use an SRRV agent and, if so, any recommendations?
  2. Is an Entry Exception Document still required to obtain the 9a Tourist Visa?
  3. Best bank in which to place the $20k SRRV deposit? The list I’ve managed to track down is below:
    • Development Bank of the Philippines
    • Philippine National Bank (PNB)
    • Banco De Oro (BDO)
    • Bank of Commerce
    • Keb Hana Bank
    • Shinhan Bank
    • Union Bank
  4. Personal experiences of how long it took to get pre-approval of the SRRV from PRA?
  5. Personal experiences of how long it took to complete the SRRV processing when in PH?
  6. Would we get the police clearance from Thailand? I’m guessing so, as that’s where we’ve been resident for 9 years.
  7. For any of you Thai experts out there, any tips on getting the medical and police clearance certificates? I understand notarisation/apostilling can be tricky.

Once again, a big thank you for any answers or suggestions you can provide.

John

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum John.  A number of the members have the SRRV visa and I am sure they will answer some of your questions.

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

Welcome John,

The SRRV is the route we will utilize once we make the move also.

Just to let you know there is a Youtuber channel that goes by the title " Philippine Info Channel" and he has covered the SRRV topic numerous times and has listed the name of a contact in the Philippines who is willing to help folks through the process for free.

• Like 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, jdp5353 said:

Hi,  

I’m hoping someone can help me with a few questions I have about the SRRV application process. I’m a 58 year old UK national (my wife is a German national). We’ve been resident in Thailand for the last 9 years. We’d now like to apply for the SRRV Smile ($20k deposit option) with me as principal and my wife as dependant spouse. Some of the questions we have are below. Many thanks in advance for any of them you can help us with!

1. Should we use an SRRV agent and, if so, any recommendations?
  2. Is an Entry Exception Document still required to obtain the 9a Tourist Visa?
  3. Best bank in which to place the $20k SRRV deposit? The list I’ve managed to track down is below:
    • Development Bank of the Philippines
    • Philippine National Bank (PNB)
    • Banco De Oro (BDO)
    • Bank of Commerce
    • Keb Hana Bank
    • Shinhan Bank
    • Union Bank
  4. Personal experiences of how long it took to get pre-approval of the SRRV from PRA?
  5. Personal experiences of how long it took to complete the SRRV processing when in PH?
  6. Would we get the police clearance from Thailand? I’m guessing so, as that’s where we’ve been resident for 9 years.
  7. For any of you Thai experts out there, any tips on getting the medical and police clearance certificates? I understand notarisation/apostilling can be tricky.

Once again, a big thank you for any answers or suggestions you can provide.

John

• Like 1

jdp5353
Posted
Posted

Great info! Many thanks!