World Remit No Longer Using Poli for Transfers From Australia

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

As the title says, it's gone for good, not temporary as last year's incident was.  

Now for the fun walk up the road as I have no phone reception here for 2FA for any service using credit/debit card.  

Funny thing is, my bank (Bank of Queensland) doesn't require 2FA for any other transaction other than credit/debit online on the interwebs.  

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

What is "poli"?

Gator
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Now for the fun walk up the road as I have no phone reception here for 2FA for any service using credit/debit card.  

Funny thing is, my bank (Bank of Queensland) doesn't require 2FA for any other transaction other than credit/debit online on the interwebs.  

I presume you have WiFi in your house. Can try using a google voice number for the bank? 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

What is "poli"?

Just an alternative online payment method instead of Paypal, Bpay etc in Au/NZ.  You went to the vendor site, selected Poli as the payment method, you then logged in after choosing your bank, selected your account and viola, done.  No fees charged by the bank or Poli.  Its only real advantage was the lack of 2FA in poor reception areas.  

After doing some research they've closed down their Australian operation due to "rising operating costs" but still going in NZ.  

27 minutes ago, Gator said:

I presume you have WiFi in your house. Can try using a google voice number for the bank? 

I'll give it a shot.  Have to head up the road for that as well as it requires 2FA to verify an existing number. Single walk though, rather than fortnightly :smile:.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

I really need to sort out my old Citi Peso account.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Cancel the Google voice thing, not available for Australian numbers.  I'll use Skype, I have in the past and after some checking around, it's still a thing to link mobile/cell numbers for SMS.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1