What will happen to me

RBM
Posted
Posted

Started new post,  as its a run on from my previous  dying post maybe the mods prefer to merge the two.

We were eventually  successful in having Bob admitted to the Government hospital here, he was in ICU for some days on intravenous antibiotics. It was deemed necessary to retrain him during this time. 

The last week or so hes in a small room with 3 other very sick people. The DSWD have appointed a watcher, unfortunately the watcher speaks no English. its like pulling teeth to obtain info, impossible to get through guards for a visit even my partners name is noted on his file as authorized to visit. The only thing that works is the food we drop down, the guards take this readily enough. 

Yesterday I accompanied my partner and a battle with guard commenced, talk about brain dead blinkered people.....Eventually with some interference from a head nurse she was allowed in to visit. Not a pretty site but at least he is having medical care. From what she could gather doctors wanted to operate and perhaps perform an amputation how ever he firmly rejected this. Currently he is Drowsy kinda dropping in and out of consciousnesses.

The guy has no next of kin, no friends no possessions, his landlady has banned him from re entering his unit here.   I guess he has some funds accumulating from his pension.  Have no idea if he will be liable for his situation in hospital and impossible to get sense.

My question is this....Would any member know of any, perhaps US Charity organization operation here that could in any way manage his situation. We have tried US embassy, red cross and other local sources to no avail, just a maize of red tape and empty promises. Any suggestions most welcome.

No description available.

• Sad 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, RBM said:

Have no idea if he will be liable for his situation in hospital and impossible to get sense.

He won't be allowed to leave unless he pays. By law, a promissory note or something like a deed would allow him to go but seems most hospitals still go by pay up or the guard won't cut your wristband off and he will be suck there.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

You are to be admired for your empathy and the courage and persistent help to provide help to a fellow expat in dire straights.  That being said, I cannot help but wonder if this individual is not wanting to continue living?    

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He won't be allowed to leave unless he pays. By law, a promissory note or something like a deed would allow him to go but seems most hospitals still go by pay up or the guard won't cut your wristband off and he will be suck there.

Government hospital.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

As long as it isn't a private room the hospital is legally bound to allow him to leave. It does seem that he has given up himself and maybe made a few more people aware that in the Philippines regrdless what the propaganda says when the brown stuff hits the fan you tend to be on your own, with the exception of a few charitable people who at times don't personally know you.

• Like 4

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

As long as it isn't a private room the hospital is legally bound to allow him to leave. It does seem that he has given up himself and maybe made a few more people aware that in the Philippines regrdless what the propaganda says when the brown stuff hits the fan you tend to be on your own, with the exception of a few charitable people who at times don't personally know you.

You'll be left unattended or carted back to the hallway....Next paying patient....Been there Seen it....Korea & PI....$$$$ 

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 10/16/2023 at 8:31 AM, Snowy79 said:

in the Philippines regrdless what the propaganda says when the brown stuff hits the fan you tend to be on your own

Not just in the Philippines, that's true everywhere. What's not true everywhere is the ease of finding a partner and making a family, so in times of need you aren't on your own.

• Like 1