Calling the U.S. Using Purchased Minutes

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

When I first moved here in 2012 I used to use calling cards to call the U.S.  You pay X pesos for X minutes of time.  If I recall correctly it was relatively cheap.

I'm having an issue getting a wire to go through at Chase bank.  After speaking to them many times, I think the issue is that I am using VPN to call them with Google Voice.  I have to have VPN on as Google voice will not work without it. And also VPN is on when I do the wire transfer.

Any ideas?  I need a quick option.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

When I first moved here in 2012 I used to use calling cards to call the U.S.  You pay X pesos for X minutes of time.  If I recall correctly it was relatively cheap.

I'm having an issue getting a wire to go through at Chase bank.  After speaking to them many times, I think the issue is that I am using VPN to call them with Google Voice.  I have to have VPN on as Google voice will not work without it. And also VPN is on when I do the wire transfer.

Any ideas?  I need a quick option.

Skype.

• Like 1

longway
Posted
Posted

Another option:

Use your local +63 sim card phone. If you are calling America dial the +1 country code ( for the U.S. ) area code, etc ...... It will cost you 20 php per minute so add a bunch of load before calling. You might be on hold a while and also dealing with the push 1 for this and push 2 for that etc.

I have tried calling from a major hotel on the room phone which they told me would be a free call, waste of time, never connected, even with help from the hotel operator. My call, also to a financial Institution, ending up costing me about 600 php.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, longway said:

Use your local +63 sim card phone. If you are calling America dial the +1 country code ( for the U.S. ) area code, etc ...... It will cost you 20 php per minute

Much less if you use Smart Sulit IDD - https://smart.com.ph/World/call-international/smart-idd-services/call-services/sulit-idd

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kingpin said:

I was looking at the SMART site yesterday and did not see IDD.  Must have missed it.  Anyhow, my problem is solved and I will make a new post about it.

bob1965
Posted
Posted

Try setting up a free Fongo account. Or Skype? I use magic app, but that needs setting up in us/canada.

• Like 1