TCL 43 TV

RBM
Posted
Posted

Wondering if anybody know the average life of the above.

Ours is now 6 years, starting last night no longer reads the hard disk or you tube. Fine on TV which apart from the news is of little interest. We have tried  the reset, reconfiguration and such to no avail.

Not sure to preserver with attempted repair and the inevitable frustrations or replace it. 

Thanks in advance for any comments.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I would vote for replacement.  Prices have come down a lot.

https://s.lazada.com.ph/s.irjhw

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)

I bought a Samsung smart 55'' TV last month, 20,099.00. Robinson mall.

5 star energy rating. This means when the wife leaves it on I'm not too worried about the electric bill. :feetontable_anim:

Edited by jimeve
  • Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Ours is now 6 years

In TV years that's really old.

22 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I would vote for replacement. 

Yep,  TCL just came out with a new line of QLED Google TVs, can't beat their value:

TCL is also adding two updates to its QLED range. The TCL QLED 4K TV C745, which combines QLED together with Full Array Local Dimming technology and 144Hz VRR for smooth, sharp, and colorful HDR picture quality. The TCL C745 also comes with Game Master 2.0 - a collection of TCL software functions tailored to optimize your gaming experience, making it the best gaming TV proposition in its field. The TCL C745 is now available in 55” and 65’’sizes.

Finally, TCL’s best-in-class QLED TV, the TCL 4K TV C645 combines QLED technology, delivering genuine cinematic colour made from over a billion colours and shades. With Game Master, FreeSync, and latest HDR formats supported (including HDR10+, Dolby Vision), this TV is excellent value for those who want high-quality, interactive home entertainment and is now available in 43’’, 50’’, 55’’, 65’’, 75’’, 85” screen sizes.

https://mb.com.ph/2023/6/17/tcl-introduces-new-mini-led-qled-t-vs-soundbars-and-smart-home-devices-delivering-immersive-entertainment-to-audiences-in-the-philippines

Edited by Kingpin

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, RBM said:

Ours is now 6 years, starting last night no longer reads the hard disk or you tube. Fine on TV which apart from the news is of little interest. We have tried  the reset, reconfiguration and such to no avail.

Not sure to preserver with attempted repair and the inevitable frustrations or replace it. 

Thanks in advance for any comments.

I have 2 x TCLs.  One 49" which has been on the go for about 4 years with  no issues.  The 2nd is a 1-year old 55" Qled and thus far no issues - it was bought to replace a 2-year old expensive Sony which broke just after the warranty period.  I will say for TCL that they are 15-20% cheaper than LG/Sony/Samsung but for me, I don't see any significant downside. It's a solid 7/10 brand IMO.

That said, I had to downgrade my Netflix to HD from 4K because on certain shows in Dolby Vision only the screen noticeably lightened and darkened - this was also the case on other devices so not a TCL issue but TCL, unlike other manufacturers, doesn't have the function to turn on and off Dolby Vision, although you can turn on and off Dolby sound.  If I was buying another TV, I'd buy an HDR-10 rather than Dolby Vision. 

I'd say don't throw good money after bad and invest in a new TV.

longway
Posted
Posted

I have a TCL 55. Going on nine years old now. Still works great but if it started acting up I would not hesitate to buy another same brand.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Devant 65" about three years ago.  Very pleased with it, no issues, and enjoy having Netflix and other streaming video.  I later purchased a sound bar, and blue tooth keyboard and mouse for input.  

• Like 1