Poster lists grievances about local college.

Lee
Posted
Posted

This was posted anonymously on a Tacloban complaint FB page. Can certainly see a lot of merit in the complaints listed. These are things that most of us have been saying for years 

Leyte Normal University (also abbreviated as LNU) is a university in the province of Leyte, Philippines. It is mandated to provide higher professional and special instructions for special purposes and to promote research and extension services, advanced studies, and progressive leadership in education and other related fields. Its campus is situated in Tacloban City.

I kindly request that my identity remains anonymous to protect not only myself but also those who may fear retaliation for speaking out. 
LNU, a renowned and esteemed institution in terms of its facade, but lacking in several critical aspects behind the scenes. I believe that it is crucial for the university's leadership to be aware of these issues and to take corrective actions to uphold the institution's reputation.
While LNU presents itself as a prestigious and beautiful university, there are significant problems within the bureaucracy and administration that require immediate attention. These concerns include:
1. Repressive Administrative Practices: The administrative system at LNU appears to be stifling and authoritarian, creating an environment that is not conducive to open communication and constructive feedback. This can hinder both the professional growth and overall morale of staff and faculty.
2. Excessive Paperwork: The amount of paperwork required for various processes and procedures at the university is burdensome and counterproductive. This not only wastes valuable time but also detracts from the efficiency of the institution.
3. Allegations of Teacher Unprofessionalism: There have been claims of excessive absenteeism and unprofessional conduct among certain teachers, which can have a negative impact on the quality of education provided to students.
4. Inequity for New Teachers: New teachers seem to face a hierarchical system that subjects them to servitude to senior faculty members. This inequity can discourage fresh talent and hinder the professional development of young educators.
5. Delayed Payments to Part-Time Staff: It has come to my attention that part-time staff members often experience significant delays in receiving their salaries. The extended waiting period is attributed to the extended time it takes for the LNU heads to sign necessary documents.
6. Lack of LGBT-Friendly Environment:
Members of the LGBT community have allegedly been subjected to pressures and expectations to conform to a perceived heteronormative appearance. This is contrary to the principles of inclusivity and diversity that universities should uphold.
7. Disrespectful Behavior by a Professor:
I have been made aware of an incident involving a professor at LNU University who exhibited entitled and arrogant behavior. This professor reportedly shouted at an instructor in front of many students, which is unbecoming of a faculty member's conduct. Additionally, there are claims of this professor disrespecting a faculty member from the language unit because of an academic matter related to her daughter.
By working together, we can help LNU maintain its prestige and commitment to academic excellence while ensuring a fair and supportive environment for all its members.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

" Most of us ".. most of us on this board???? 

I wasnt aware that most of us were enrolled on further education, in Leyte.......or that most of us were being disrespected by professors.

I know for one, im not.

Lee
Posted
Posted

8 minutes ago, Freebie said:

" Most of us ".. most of us on this board???? 

I wasnt aware that most of us were enrolled on further education, in Leyte.......or that most of us were being disrespected by professors.

I know for one, im not.

These are things (complaints) that most of us have been saying (about schools) for years. Got it ?