4 or 5 star scuba diving resorts???

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I am not a diver, but I am trying to convince my white anglo saxon protestent upper middle class executive snob of a Brother-in-law to bring my sister here for a visit :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::hystery:

They are into scuba diving and visit the Caribbean and such places. So any recommendations?

Nipa huts and beer from a cooler are definite no-nos. :whatever:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The The Blue Orchid Resort in Moalboal is nice.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Or try flying to Palau. But not until early November, when the northeast winds  re-establish.

I did lots of incredible diving there and also ran a dive boat.

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Aruba is also really nice with good snorkeling.  Not sure about scuba but expect it is also good.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Or try flying to Palau

1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Aruba is also really nice

I'm fairly certain that Scott is trying to get his sister to come to the PHILIPPINES!

There are lots of top notch dive spots.  If they will fly to one, and want top notch and easy, look at the Sunlight Air website.  They have their own resorts and/or affiliated resorts, and I think most are all inclusive.  Air, hotel, shuttles, food, etc.  They might have diving packages too.

Most Sunlight flights are from Manila but they have one flight Clark to Coron that we are thinking about trying.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 11/3/2023 at 8:09 AM, scott h said:

I am not a diver, but I am trying to convince my white anglo saxon protestent upper middle class executive snob of a Brother-in-law to bring my sister here for a visit :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::hystery:

They are into scuba diving and visit the Caribbean and such places. So any recommendations?

Nipa huts and beer from a cooler are definite no-nos. :whatever:

Hennan resort on Bohol (Panglao Isalnd / Alona beach) is very nice. I’ve stayed there a few times (pre-pandemic). Piratatas Dive shop is close to it. Very professional PADI shop and they offer various dive packages. Boats pick you up on the beach in front of their shop. 

Ocean Vida Beach and Dive resort on Malapascua is also great. I used the Thresher Shark Divers shop there (short walk away). Also very professional and friendly staff. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Snorkeling with the whale sharks at Oslob (South end of Cebu) is very popular with tourists.  Emoha Dive Resort is highly rated and popular.