B I Nabs 2 Americans For Fraud

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I for one am happy to read stories like this because it means that Interpole is doing their job to make places like the Philippines no longer safe for criminals from other countries to hide. And of course things like this may explain why so many round eye foreigners seem to be standoffish toward other round eye foreigners while in public. It is called hiding in plain site. Of course everyone should be presumed innocent until proven otherwise.MANILA, Philippines - The Bureau of Immigration (BI) recently arrested two American nationals wanted by federal authorities in the United States for fraud and other criminal offenses.BI Commissioner Marcelino Libanan said in a statement that Jeffrey Tye Brown, 49, was arrested in Dumaguete on Dec. 16 and Paul Daniel Hogg, 67, in Cagayan de Oro on Dec. 17.Link to the complete story

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I for one am happy to read stories like this because it means that Interpole is doing their job to make places like the Philippines no longer safe for criminals from other countries to hide. And of course things like this may explain why so many round eye foreigners seem to be standoffish toward other round eye foreigners while in public. It is called hiding in plain site. Of course everyone should be presumed innocent until proven otherwise.MANILA, Philippines - The Bureau of Immigration (BI) recently arrested two American nationals wanted by federal authorities in the United States for fraud and other criminal offenses.BI Commissioner Marcelino Libanan said in a statement that Jeffrey Tye Brown, 49, was arrested in Dumaguete on Dec. 16 and Paul Daniel Hogg, 67, in Cagayan de Oro on Dec. 17.Link to the complete story
At this rate I think I should be able to get a hotel much cheaper since half the expat population would have left by March .SugarwareZ-005.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
At this rate I think I should be able to get a hotel much cheaper since half the expat population would have left by March .SugarwareZ-005.gif
While I know you are sort of joking, it would not hurt my feelings one bit if they crack down on undesirable expats and maybe then the rest of us would be seen in a better light. The main problem would be how they define undesirable because then there might not be too many expats left. :lol:

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted

I too would like to see more stable family type expats moving to my country and less of some of the trash that I have seen that lives there now. I am not saying all expats that live there are trash, far from it, only that there are way too many who are.

• Like 1

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)

Overall I've been impressed with how the Bureau of Immigration is doing its job. In the few years that I've been dealing with them service has improved dramatically, corruption is down, and they're now going after criminal aliens. It looks like the increased visa fees are being put to good use to me. I'm pretty cynical and complain about the govt. here a lot, but BI is one of the few departments performing well.

Edited by TheMason