Airbnb , booking.com

stevewool
Posted
Posted

How do others find a place to stay when trying to visit certain places , I’m looking at long term a month or longer in these places and there seems to be lots plus different prices too, but are there any pitfalls when choosing these or other sites .

Ive used these sites before when booking here in England and Europe with out any problems at all and everywhere we have stayed they always tell us to book direct with them next time , but also I have known folk to get ripped off big time too when booking a place in New York, they turned up at the apartment only to be told by neighbours it’s a scam, yes they got all the monies back but trying to find another place to stay did cause problems .

So any tips or advice or other recommendations where you can rent property, one I’m looking at in Panglao for a month is £392 , 25000 peso 1 bedroom , kitchen , bathroom , shared pool with owner outside space looks nice and I think is very reasonable 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My wife has booked us from a couple of different Facebook Airbnb groups. One case a week another was six weeks.

Have Em's call them don't let them see she is living in UK with a rich Kano. Some prices are absolutely ridiculous others reasonable enough. Em's can try to bargain some prices are a bit negotiable. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Facebook has a number of pages where people post rentals.  I checked them for Bohol and this is one of the pages.  I have never booked via Facebook so I can't offer any advice as to honesty.

https://web.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064157614709

• Like 2

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, stevewool said:

How do others find a place to stay when trying to visit certain places , I’m looking at long term a month or longer in these places and there seems to be lots plus different prices too, but are there any pitfalls when choosing these or other sites .

Ive used these sites before when booking here in England and Europe with out any problems at all and everywhere we have stayed they always tell us to book direct with them next time , but also I have known folk to get ripped off big time too when booking a place in New York, they turned up at the apartment only to be told by neighbours it’s a scam, yes they got all the monies back but trying to find another place to stay did cause problems .

So any tips or advice or other recommendations where you can rent property, one I’m looking at in Panglao for a month is £392 , 25000 peso 1 bedroom , kitchen , bathroom , shared pool with owner outside space looks nice and I think is very reasonable 

I've used AIRBNB for years, and rarely have had a problem.   Just make sure you do your homework with regards to the area/neighborhood, and read the reviews

• Like 3

fototek1
Posted
Posted

I booked a few places using FB and Air BnB and have made out ok by reading reviews and asking questions. The place I rented in Panglao Bohol was great aside from not having hot water showers. I knew to ask before booking only because I asked. My wife and mother in-law (both Filipino) were not happy. My mom and I admitted the water was cold but it was fine :wave:   

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Booked a place couple times for a few weeks in Siquijor. After that for a 3 month booking I spoke direct with owner whos a decent fellow and he added long stay disount and took off the airbnb commission.  Then again, also spoke with some strange lady in southern Leyte who wanted to charge me a higher daily  rate for a long stay than short stay 

Some overseas Filipino princess living in Sweden who kept telling me Philippines was 3rd world and I should expect higher prices. Needless to say she didnt get my booking.

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, fototek1 said:

I booked a few places using FB and Air BnB and have made out ok by reading reviews and asking questions. The place I rented in Panglao Bohol was great aside from not having hot water showers. I knew to ask before booking only because I asked. My wife and mother in-law (both Filipino) were not happy. My mom and I admitted the water was cold but it was fine :wave:   

I always ask if theres kareoke near or chickens near and have also had to ask if theres a pig pen nearby after reading reviews.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1