Senior citizen files suit after being denied discounts on ‘promo’ with no DTI approval

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

Very interesting post Mike.  My wife and I had a near identical situation occur on our last visit to Cebu.  But my wife being very non-confrontational we took their word for it and let it go (we stay at this hotel 4 to 5 times a year and usually for a week or so).  I will have to remember this on our next visit.  Thanks for the post and info. :cheersty:

John

• Like 4

Joey G
Posted
Posted

The rest of the article states:

"Under the law, if the violator is a corporation, the officials charged with management shall be the ones liable.

Violating the Senior Citizens Law imposes a penalty of not more than P100,000 and imprisonment of not less than two years, but not more than six years."

So I guess someone is going to jail for at least two years?

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Joey G said:

So I guess someone is going to jail for at least two years?

Probably just the fine.  My guess is no jail as managers at the bottom will point a finger up and say I was following corporate policy.  Managers at the top will point down and say they were not following the corporate policy.  Being polite and political, they will use the Index finger, not the middle finger. :whistling:

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2