Interesting restaurant planned in Cebu

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I really like the concept based on the artist rendering.  Will give it a try if it becomes reality.

https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2023/12/1/CCLEX-Cruise-Ship-Drive-n-Dine.html

jcr:content.jpg?width=750&height=450&cro

Cebu City (CNN Philippines, December 1) —The famous Cebu Cordova Link Expressway (CCLEX) or Cebu's third bridge, will add a "cruise ship" to its attractions.

It will not be a real cruise ship though, but a building that will look like a three-deck cruise ship that will become a "dining destination" and not just an ordinary toll service facility stop.

Compared with all other toll expressways, this stop will be able to sell liquor for those who will not be driving. The permits are being secured by both the Cebu City government and the municipal government of Cordova.

The first "Drive and Dine" in the Visayas will be a 5,580 square-meter vacant lot along the CCLEX with a combined scenic view of the mangrove, the city, and the ocean.

The facility is estimated to cost around P300 million.

According to Renie Ticzon, MPT Mobility Division Head for Motorway Commercial Facilities, the concept for this attraction will be different from the Drive and Dine at North Luzon Expressway (NLEX), which is a stop for motorists.

Ticzon said the Drive and Dine at CCLEX will be a world-class "Dining Destination," which will not only attract motorists but also tourists who want to dine and enjoy a good view of Cebu and the Mactan Channel.

"The Queen City of the South takes her food seriously and food can be such an excellent representation of the culture it stems from," Ticzon said.

The ground floor of the cruise ship-looking facility will have fast food favorites while its second floor will have a deck for formal dining for couples and lovers.

Meanwhile, the third floor will have favorite Cebuano dishes and barbecue meals perfect for groups.

MPTC officials said the facility will have a seating capacity of 1,000 people and a parking space for 280 cars.

After its groundbreaking, the new facility will be opened after six to eight months of construction or before 2024 ends.

The CCLEX has a motor vehicle traffic of 20,000 per day, according to CCLEX President and General Manager Allan Alfon

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Compared with all other toll expressways, this stop will be able to sell liquor for those who will not be driving. The permits are being secured by both the Cebu City government and the municipal government of Cordova.

Woo hoo!  My passengers can buy me drinks!  :cheersty:

Seems like "cruise ship" architecture is a thing now.  Looks nice!  We have a new hotel / condo here that has it.  Conrad Hotel near MOA is a big one.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I read a while back about an apartment complex on a purpose-built ship.  It's an interesting concept where land is at a premium. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, hk blues said:

I read a while back about an apartment complex on a purpose-built ship.  It's an interesting concept where land is at a premium. 

Are the rooms as small as those on a cruise ship?

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Aka Filipino size? 🤣

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 12/2/2023 at 11:21 PM, JJReyes said:

Much bigger than the typical cabin - I'd image they had carried out extensive renovations and the internal layout bore little relationship to the original. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 12/3/2023 at 12:56 AM, Gator said:

Aka Filipino size? 🤣

Compared to Hong Kong, room sizes here are positively gigantic! 

• Haha 1

P_X
Posted
Posted

One would think with all the passers-by on the cclex..thatd be a good location.  But I think it'd struggle. 

Also, There's often some food booths open over there and I've asked a few taxi drivers to stop by them so I could check them out, and not a single one knew how to get to them. 😂