Women jailed for stealing "expensive" liquor.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I wonder if she was going to sell it to some expat living in Moalboal who drinks Jonnie Walker Black.  :whistling::whistling::whistling:

stealing liquor Minglanilla

CEBU CITY, Philippines – A woman landed in jail after she allegedly tried to steal several bottles of expensive liquor from a mall in Minglanilla town, southern Cebu on Thursday, November 30, 2023.

Police in Minglanilla confirmed that a 29-year-old woman was turned over their station for possible theft charges last Thursday.

She was identified as Shelanne Ejada Savequilla from Mandaue City.

According to the Minglanilla Police Station, authorities at a mall brought the woman to their custody for allegedly trying to cart off bottles of expensive liquor.

They confiscated two Black Labels, five Double Black Labels, and one Gold Label, all worth more than P14,000 from the suspect.

Savequilla reportedly stashed the bottles inside a sports bag, and bypassed the cashier.

When she was about to exit the mall, security guards noticed her bag and asked to open it. When she did, they found the unpaid bottles, prompting them to bring her to the Minglanilla Police Station.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mike J said:

wonder if she was going to sell it to some expat living in Moalboal who drinks Jonnie Walker Black.

Most of my Filipino friends drink Johnnie Walker Black, more than likely she would be selling to Filipinos

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Most of my Filipino friends drink Johnnie Walker Black, more than likely she would be selling to Filipinos

haha good one.

Filipinos mostly drink Tanduay and Emperador, and what's likely is she'd drop it on Shopee without caring who buys it.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The woman has expensive taste.  Bypassed the Tanduay and Emperador.  Went straight for the Johnny Walker.

• Haha 4

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Kingpin said:

haha good one.

Filipinos mostly drink Tanduay and Emperador, and what's likely is she'd drop it on Shopee without caring who buys it.

lol I really wasnt joking, most of my friends drink Johnnie Walker Black or gold...  Sometimes somebody will break out a single malt whiskey... and yup, would probably go straight to Shopee

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Honestly... I mostly drink Emperador and lime mixer also.

Gator
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

lol I really wasnt joking, most of my friends drink Johnnie Walker Black or gold...  Sometimes somebody will break out a single malt whiskey... and yup, would probably go straight to Shopee

Blue label is also good. I’ve noticed most stores here keep that locked up or behind the counter so it’s likely why she wasn’t able to grab any of it. 

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Gator said:

Blue label is also good. I’ve noticed most stores here keep that locked up or behind the counter so it’s likely why she wasn’t able to grab any of it. 

I've never been a Whiskey/Scotch guy, I have tried, but it all just taste like BOOZE to me.   Beer all the way

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Beer all the way

They've had some craft breweries in Cebu over the years, most went bankrupt. Training Wheels is still around, their SingleSpeed is good stuff.

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

They've had some craft breweries in Cebu over the years, most went bankrupt. Training Wheels is still around, their SingleSpeed is good stuff.

I've gone to a couple craft beer festivals over the years, and some of the brewers have gone by the wayside, there are still a lot more active now than there were 12 years ago.  I had some in Iloilo a few years ago, and I am sure some of them were from Cebu, but I dont remember the names.... Most of the craft beer is quite good, BUT and a BIG BUT, its almost all IPA's and Double IPAs.   I jumped on the IPA train almost 20 years ago, and still enjoy it but I am tired of it.   Hard, if not almost impossible to find a good stout here, as well as many others.   Can find some good German and Belgium brews though!!!

• Like 1