Questions about travel the Phillipines

Brian D.
Posted
Posted

I am planning a trip later this year to visit a lady I met on a website over there called Christian Filipina. Just would like some pointers as far as safety of travel, transportation, money, and other questions as well as where I could go if I got in a bind and need assistance. Also what are passport or visa requirements if  she were to visit the U.S.? Will be more specific in my questions if I get a reply but would like to be in touch with some of you if I go there.

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

As to her visiting the states. IMHO you are putting the cart way ahead of the horse.

I echo this LOUD....visit the PI first....and you'll understand what scott h is stating.

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

Also welcome here....Tell us about yourself.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Some of us are nodding our heads at the posters question and thinking " weve been here before , havent we " 

No disrespect intended  to Brian D  , but weve seen one or two posts and subsequent threads like this over past few years. 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum. 

All I can say is do your homework before arrival, watch as many videos as you can about the culture, the good points and bad points. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and the vast majority of advice you will receive is from first hand experience. 

Arrivals and visas aren't an issue, just highlight how long you intend to stay here for on your initial visit, it will assist others in helping you, a two week visit will require more prior planning than a 6 month one. 

One thing to be careful about is falling for the first person that catches your eye online. I'm sure there's many here who fell in love quickly with someone who turned out to be not so compatible after living with them a few months and just because a website has Christian in it doesn't mean they will act like good Christians. From personal experience it's taken me three long term realtions to find my partner and a few short term ones which headed South pretty quickly when their mask slipped. 

• Like 2

Possum
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

One thing to be careful about is falling for the first person that catches your eye online. I'm sure there's many here who fell in love quickly with someone who turned out to be not so compatible after living with them a few months and just because a website has Christian in it doesn't mean they will act like good Christians. From personal experience it's taken me three long term realtions to find my partner and a few short term ones which headed South pretty quickly when their mask slipped. 

This advice should be tattooed on the brain before coming to the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia or many other countries,. Do not confuse lust on your part with love on her part.

By the way, never met a bar girl that didn't claim to be Christian. When I asked one how she justified being a prostitute with her Christianity she said, "God understands why I am doing this." She may well be right and is happily married now to a Norwegian guy.

Edited by Possum
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Possum said:

This advice should be tattooed on the brain before coming to the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia or many other countries,. Do not confuse lust on your part with love on her part.

By the way, never met a bar girl that didn't claim to be Christian. When I asked one how she justified being a prostitute with her Christianity she said, "God understands why I am doing this." She may well be right and is happily married now to a Norwegian guy.

At the end of the day, that's all that matters (assuming the Norwegian guy is equally happily married!).