Philippine Laundry Service

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

This is our 10th year as nomads.  One problem that was not anticipated before embarking on our epic journey (43 countries so far) was getting our weekly laundry done.  Hotels do offer the service, but most charge by the piece.  Washing and drying one pair of socks often cost more than buying a new one.  The charge for a shirt is typically in the US $8 ~ $15 range.   I can visualize the headline, "Retired Couple Bankrupt by Laundry."

I am glad to see changes happening in the Philippines.  Our hotel in Cebu has both a washer and dryer in the room.  It's a newer hotel so hopefully this is a trend.  One of the hotels we frequent in Makati has a combined washer/dryer in the unit.  Visiting nearby shopping malls, we search the basement floor looking for laundry service.  Another possibility are condominium complexes with retail outlets.  We either check for such facilities on the Internet or ask security guards if they know anyplace nearby. 

One thing to avoid is pick-up and delivery.  I suspect they use an outside service like Grab.  The on-time and delivery performance are not very good.  At Bonifacio Global City, we spent half a day tracking what happened to our clothes.  Apparently, they were left at the security desk of some condominium building. 

• Like 5

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

check for such facilities on the Internet

Not sure if you meant a simple Google search or Google maps. When traveling I’ve used Google maps before to find laundry services. Works well about 80% of the time as some were closed / out of business. But quite frequently there was another one close by. 

• Like 1