New Passport Transfer

taj
Posted
Posted

Hi can anyone tell me requirements and proceedure to get an entry stamp for my new passport.

I have old passport with entry stamp.  i am a tourist and been here a year.

The form below is what BI sent me.

#3 asks for Passenger Manifest.  how do i get this??.

Screenshot_20240125_171337_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2f3996a021a2a3ffa6911398fb77b9e9.jpg

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, taj said:

Passenger Manifest.  how do i get this??.

If you look in your old passport for the Latest Arrival Stamp it should tell you Fight Number on that occasion :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I have a 13A visa and was wondering the same when I received my new passport here in the Philippines.  I was told the next time I travel to use both passports and they would put a sticker in the new passport.  

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

If you look in your old passport for the Latest Arrival Stamp it should tell you Fight Number on that occasion :tiphat:

Or search your email inbox using the name of the airline you flew with, it should bring up your flight details (unless you booked old school in person at an agency).

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 1/25/2024 at 6:44 PM, taj said:

Hi can anyone tell me requirements and proceedure to get an entry stamp for my new passport.

I have old passport with entry stamp.  i am a tourist and been here a year.

I'm the last one to give advice on this, but I have experience.  Bad experience.

I went to main office in Intramuros with my new and old passport.  I can't remember if I was still on Tourist or if this was during my 13a process.  While in the office, I dropped my old passport and lost it!  I had already shown it to one of the officers and when I got to the next, gone!  They were amazed!  I had to go to the lawyer next door and get a notarized affidavit of loss.  At the end of a long day, they were able to put a stamp in my new passport with the arrival.  That old passport with 10 years of travels in it is gone forever.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm the last one to give advice on this, but I have experience.  Bad experience.

I went to main office in Intramuros with my new and old passport.  I can't remember if I was still on Tourist or if this was during my 13a process.  While in the office, I dropped my old passport and lost it!  I had already shown it to one of the officers and when I got to the next, gone!  They were amazed!  I had to go to the lawyer next door and get a notarized affidavit of loss.  At the end of a long day, they were able to put a stamp in my new passport with the arrival.  That old passport with 10 years of travels in it is gone forever.

Ouch!

When I had to renew my passport I had to send off the old one, of course.  It was the one with the 13a Visa sticker so I was nervous - I was very relieved whena the old and new passports were safely delivered a few weeks later.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Ouch!

When I had to renew my passport I had to send off the old one, of course.  It was the one with the 13a Visa sticker so I was nervous - I was very relieved whena the old and new passports were safely delivered a few weeks later.  

We renewed my daughter's at the U.S. embassy outreach in December.  They asked very pointed questions about if you need a passport for travel in the next few months.  If for sure NO, they hole punch the old passport right there and give it back.  Her new passport arrived this past Monday.

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

We renewed my daughter's at the U.S. embassy outreach in December.  They asked very pointed questions about if you need a passport for travel in the next few months.  If for sure NO, they hole punch the old passport right there and give it back.  Her new passport arrived this past Monday.

We don't have such a service - even consulates and embassies no longer provide a passport service for UK citizens, everyone has to send their passport to the UK for renewal.  

I wonder why nowadays they even need the old one as with everything being digital there really is no need to manually cancel the old passport.  And, it automatically expires when it expires anyway. I guess there are some limited situations where it could be an issue but I can't really think of any for now. 

Edited by hk blues