Foreigner Help

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Its a pity the Philippines government doesn't recognize the importance of foreigners in the country,this is just an example of the help that was given when a tragic disaster occurs. MANILA, Philippines

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Maybe just another good reason to have very large US or other country ships standing by (a base)to help lift the whole ship out of the water and recover all the bodies ASAP. It is my belief that the Philippine government just does not have the foresight to appreciate all the good things foreigners and their countries do, and can do for the country, while at the same time there have also been bad things like those alleged rapes which must be taken into account. Punish those who are guilty and do not refuse help from those who offer it, just because of some bad eggs in the box or too much pride in oneself or country. All countries have bad eggs and the Philippines sure cannot afford the very large equipment that many first world countries have.

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I think it is specifically because the Filipino govt. recognizes the contribution foreigners can make that we are treated the way we are by the govt. The last thing the govt. wants is a bunch of foreigners contributing to society and raising the expectations of the people. Before you know it, people might start asking why an island nation does not have the capability do deep-water search and rescue operations. Once the questions start, people will demand answers. When the people here decide to demand answers, it generally ends on EDSA with a revolution.Ship off your intelligent citizens to work overseas and demonize foreigners as degenerate pedophiles. That's the key to keeping the oligarchy running smoothly.

Guardian
Posted
Posted

Any government with too much pride to allow other governments to help them are sure to fail in the end. The Philippines does not seem to have too much pride when they keep their hands out always asking for money, so why not allow other help. I read more and more about all the foreign money that flows in from other governments and I feel that those governments should put a moratorium on the money inflow for a year or two and that should dry up the greedy pockets and make them think twice.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

You can pick any developing country they all have similar problems. I would happily cut off all overseas aid if I was running the UK government simply because most of the countries dont want help they just want the money. Its about time help came as "help" and nothing else. If the country refuses access then its government can answer to its own people. But on top of that the Aid funds are used for other means such as buying arms or keeping people in power that are favourable to a country giving Aid. Its never a straight cut and dry answer to a problem its politics.. I had a guy at the netcafe the other day doing some work for me and was asking if I had any Vices.. I explained I dont smoke and cut out drinking except socially.. he was shocked as he was only aware of foreigners drinking a lot. Bit of a hard stereotype to break and with the media coverage mainly showing foreigners in a dim light its unlikely to change. Especially when we are limited to what we can do.

retired
Posted
Posted
You can pick any developing country they all have similar problems. I would happily cut off all overseas aid if I was running the UK government simply because most of the countries dont want help they just want the money. Its about time help came as "help" and nothing else. If the country refuses access then its government can answer to its own people. But on top of that the Aid funds are used for other means such as buying arms or keeping people in power that are favourable to a country giving Aid. Its never a straight cut and dry answer to a problem its politics.. I had a guy at the netcafe the other day doing some work for me and was asking if I had any Vices.. I explained I dont smoke and cut out drinking except socially.. he was shocked as he was only aware of foreigners drinking a lot. Bit of a hard stereotype to break and with the media coverage mainly showing foreigners in a dim light its unlikely to change. Especially when we are limited to what we can do.
I agree 100% with all of the above posts . Unfortunately , the government , as pointed out , does not want advice or help , just the cash . Remember the fiasco that occurred when the US Navy offered to bring an aircraft carrier further in to assist with fresh water , air -lifts , medical , etc after the large ship run afoul of the weather ? Grand standing politicians in Manila screamed bloody murder with the thought of the US bringing a damn war - ship into Philippine waters . Damn the fact that as a nuclear carrier it had fresh water and other amenities that those involved in that disaster needed . In short , my EGO is more important than saving my fellow country men .