Only in da Philippines.... Here in the US

Gator
Posted
Posted

You can take the Pilipino’s out of the Philippines, but……..well you know the rest of the saying 🤣

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you are getting "culturally acclimated" prior to the trip. :mocking:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

So, I go to the local mall south of Seattle that has Seafood City a Filipino grocery store. Inside has PNB branch and next door a Remittance's outlet and Balikbayan box shipping outlet.

The Seafood City near us in Southern California also a Jollibee. 

2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Got a tray of items and as I go to the Check Out counter two older Filipinos cut the short line from the side to buy their items.

Elderly Filipinos in the Philippines have certain privileges.  There is an express line for seniors, persons with disabilities or pregnant.  (I always explain to clerks that I am pregnant which, for some reason, they find amusing.)  If no express line, seniors are entitled to cut in front of you.  Not acceptable behavior in the U.S., but my preference is to let it pass rather than raise my blood pressure.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

"Oh Sir, I have no change".

Common strategy employed by taxi drivers.  I carry a backpack with a zippered pocket filled with coins.  They are not too happy when I can give them the exact amount.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Not acceptable behavior in the U.S., but my preference is to let it pass rather than raise my blood pressure.  

image.jpeg

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I carry a backpack with a zippered pocket filled with coins. 

:89: I bet that would be fun at the Airport security gate :whistling:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: I bet that would be fun at the Airport security gate :whistling:

Haven't tried it.  I usually transfer the coins to a check-in suitcase.  If the next destination is a foreign country, we find a way to get rid of coins before departure.

Gator
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Haven't tried it.  I usually transfer the coins to a check-in suitcase.  If the next destination is a foreign country, we find a way to get rid of coins before departure.

I put mine in a small ziplock baggy. That way they’re easy to remove and won’t get lost.