Bomb Threat?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We were notified to pickup our kids from school due to a bomb threat.  The mayor of Olongapo shut gov offices and schools.  This is the threat and it does not specify Olongapo.  Anybody heard of it?

421210951_692063913074420_8669263134020736339_n.jpg

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Your post is the first I have heard.  Felt to be a hoax according to this article.  Can't help but wonder if it was sent by a student who wanted a three day weekend? 

https://manilastandard.net/news/news-flash/314415886/hoax-bomb-email-hits-ph-schools-govt-offices.html

Unverified reports of bomb threats circulated on various social media platforms Monday morning, leading to the suspension of classes in some schools and work in government offices, including the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).

Several netizens also went online to share their anxious thoughts about it.

The threat reportedly stemmed from a suspicious email sent by a certain Takahiro Karasawa, who identified himself as a Japanese lawyer, at 3:50 a.m. on Feb. 12. It was addressed to a school in Bataan associated with the Department of Education (DepEd).

“I set high-performance bombs in major Philippine government offices. Those bombs will explode at approximately 3:34 p.m. on February 12. Unlike previous bomb threats, it really explodes and many people die,” he wrote.

His message also had an anarchistic tone. “What color is the sky? It is time, all human beings, to reclaim your freedom. I’m watching the 20 years later of you. Power to a voiceless voice,” Karasawa said.

A cursory Google search of the sender’s name yielded similar stories of hoax emails that also happened in other countries. The Korea Times, a newspaper based in Seoul, South Korea, reported about the same bomb threat last year, which targeted government offices in that country.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Your post is the first I have heard.  Felt to be a hoax according to this article.  Can't help but wonder if it was sent by a student who wanted a three day weekend? 

I didn't find anything when I searched.  Thanks for the link.  I mentioned to my wife that it might be a student.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Dumaguete too May be an image of 3 people and text that says "Hukad UPDATES February 12, 2024 SSS Dumaguete Nabulabog sa Bomb Threat Source: With Reports from K5 News FM 97.7 Dumaguete and Pulso ng Bayan"

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Seems to be all over the Country maybe;

SSS Dumaguete City Branch, along with various government agencies in Manila, faced a bomb threat via email today. Similar threats affected the DENR Central Office in Quezon City, resulting in disruptions, while the Department of Education in Bataan and the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority suspended office work.
Employees at SSS Dumaguete were evacuated around ten in the morning after receiving the bomb threat. Likewise, DENR Sec. Yulo Loyzaga declared a half-day work suspens…
See more

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Plenty of stuff online now about it.  A hoax obviously, and not a particularly sophisticated one seeing as it's been used before elsewhere.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

A hoax obviously, and not a particularly sophisticated one seeing as it's been used before elsewhere.

That's the PI for you:tiphat: Anything for 1/2 a days work :smile: ( Afternoon at home springs to mind)

Edited by Jack Peterson

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

That's the PI for you:tiphat: Anything for 1/2 a days work :smile: ( Afternoon at home springs to mind)

And during Chinese New Year as well! :whistling:

• Like 1