Road Rage!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

First time I have seen this around here!  Everyday stuff in the U.S.!  

There were pictures and 3 videos on the incident posted on FB, but unfortunately I can't download the videos.  So I took a video of one of them with my phone, pointed at my computer screen.  The video was not good to start with but this video has most of the action.

Vid one (not shown) shows the Fortuner stopped in the road, blocking the black Eon and everyone else.  The Eon does a quick pass and zooms ahead.

Not shown in the videos, the Fortuner speeds up, catches the Eon, sideswipes it, and spins it.

Vid 2, below, is the second major hit.

Vid 3 (not shown) shows the Fortuner reversing again and hitting the Eon one more time before going back the other way towards the camera.

There is now a story about the circumstances.  I will post it in the comments later.

• Haha 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

First time I have seen this around here!  Everyday stuff in the U.S.!  

There were pictures and 3 videos on the incident posted on FB, but unfortunately I can't download the videos.  So I took a video of one of them with my phone, pointed at my computer screen.  The video was not good to start with but this video has most of the action.

Vid one (not shown) shows the Fortuner stopped in the road, blocking the black Eon and everyone else.  The Eon does a quick pass and zooms ahead.

Not shown in the videos, the Fortuner speeds up, catches the Eon, sideswipes it, and spins it.

Vid 2, below, is the second major hit.

Vid 3 (not shown) shows the Fortuner reversing again and hitting the Eon one more time before going back the other way towards the camera.

There is now a story about the circumstances.  I will post it in the comments later.

Wow, surprised this is your first time seeing or hearing of Road Rage here.   It is just as bad here as anywhere else, if not worse.  And yes it is a daily occurrence here, with people actually pulling out firearms.  https://www.pna.gov.ph/opinion/pieces/753-addressing-the-alarming-surge-in-road-rage-incidents

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, craftbeerlover said:

Wow, surprised this is your first time seeing or hearing of Road Rage here.   It is just as bad here as anywhere else, if not worse.  And yes it is a daily occurrence here, with people actually pulling out firearms.  https://www.pna.gov.ph/opinion/pieces/753-addressing-the-alarming-surge-in-road-rage-incidents

Actually I said "seeing in this area", meaning the Freeport.  Yes, I have seen many videos of other areas.  The guy with the gun in your link was widely publicized.

There are several new videos posted with better angles and quality.

Here is the back story.  Not the normal road rage.  More like a dispute carried onto the road.  This is according to the grand daughter of the driver of the black EON, so take it with a grain of salt.  He is an older guy and a lawyer.  The female driver of the Fortuner was his client some time back.  She lives near my last house.  He loaned her 3 mil some time ago and she never paid any back.  According to the grand daughter, he wrote it off and broke all ties with her.

She followed him from Olongapo over to this area of the Freeport, where this happened.  Her name and address is known so I hope that by now she is in custody.

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Actually I said "seeing in this area", meaning the Freeport.

Gotcha!!!   And yes, Subic is much more laid-back, so these types of incidences would be much more rare

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

He loaned her 3 mil some time ago and she never paid any back. 

he loaned somebody 3 million pesos??  In the Philippines!!!!!     Has he been in hibernation for a few hundred years?    Borrow means "can I have" over here.   Something seems a little odd about the story you were told.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

he loaned somebody 3 million pesos??  In the Philippines!!!!!     Has he been in hibernation for a few hundred years?    Borrow means "can I have" over here.   Something seems a little odd about the story you were told.

He is a lawyer.  Might be a loan shark too.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Back in the "olden days " there was a ramp going from 3 to 2 to 1 lane, from the skyway going down to Alabang toll plaza.

Regularly lots of fingers in the air and shouting because everyone was more important than everyone else. And then one day some extreme idiot couldnt control himself and shot and killed the guy who wasnt letting him in. One of the real spoilt  mummies boys that we know are around here.

Did the said brave boy, go to PNP and said " Mama, I just killed a man " ( sorry Bohemian Rhapsody ) . Nope he drove off and ran away. Was found a few weeks later.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

She lives near my last house.  He loaned her 3 mil some time ago and she never paid any back. 

Seems the Shakespeare was right when he said The Lack of money is the root of all evil:whistling:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Small world update.....

The grand daughter of the lawyer / victim is a friend of my step-daughter.  They went to school together a few years ago.  She posted again about it including the police report and pictures of the woman driving the Fortuner.  She has disappeared and is not at her address.

These are pictures of the Eon.  The tire is the spare that fell off of the Fortuner.

428009049_2226483497690702_1015637808439942865_n.jpg

428390910_2226483621024023_6238448872666908130_n.jpg