Beko Appliances

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Apparently Beko is of European origin but of course probably made in China now.  They started carrying them in Saver's Appliances and the prices are not bad.  Anybody know anything about Beko?

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted

Yeah. In Germany I had a washing machine from Beko. Because they are the cheapest and had gotten some good reviews on their machines. I doubt you could go wrong on them, it's the China style of doing things: Fair price for OK quality.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Apparently Beko is of European origin but of course probably made in China now.  They started carrying them in Saver's Appliances and the prices are not bad.  Anybody know anything about Beko?

Turkish company - pretty popular in mainland Europe and in fact one of the top teams in Europe,  Real Madrid, has them as their kit sponsor a few years back. 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Turkish company - pretty popular in mainland Europe and in fact one of the top teams in Europe,  Real Madrid, has them as their kit sponsor a few years back. 

I'm surprised I never remember hearing of them, especially since I lived in Germany.  I probably purged those memories during my last brain dump.

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm surprised I never remember hearing of them, especially since I lived in Germany.  I probably purged those memories during my last brain dump.

I was looking in SM Appliance a few weeks ago for a refrigerator - they had a few Beko but the price seemed slightly higher than other brands such as LG, Samsung and Panasonic. Maybe slightly better quality?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Maybe slightly better quality?

Maybe but I have no idea yet.   I did see one dishwasher review by Bob Villa (This Old House) and it was 9/10, very well designed.  I have to look for more reviews.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, hk blues said:

I was looking in SM Appliance a few weeks ago for a refrigerator - they had a few Beko but the price seemed slightly higher than other brands such as LG, Samsung and Panasonic. Maybe slightly better quality?

I'm leaning towards SM Appliance for a frig.  I thought they were a more expensive option but right now they are beating the others on the big units.  We have a jam packed LG 14.5 cubic foot frig that I bought in 2013 when we were 3.  Never had an issue with it but with our new house I will get 19 to 25 CF, a better fit for our family of 5.

• Like 1