Amateur Radio in the Philippines

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted

Any expat amateur radio operators in the forum community?  I know there are some in the Philippines because I hear them on the air occasionally, but not sure if they're subscribed to this forum.

• Like 2

RobH
Posted
Posted

Hello, Yes I am an amature, been here about 7 years. call sign DU3/G8MFV. how can I help?

• Like 4

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, RobH said:

Hello, Yes I am an amature, been here about 7 years. call sign DU3/G8MFV. how can I help?

Greetings Rob!  Operating as DU1/WK3U in Batangas.  I plan on taking the exam for a permanent call next month (March).  I have a basic setup for HF, but will be expanding my station.  I'm concluding that finding parts can be a challenge here.  I've latched onto EIB Radio in Quezon City, but the selection there is pretty thin.  Any recommendations on sources of parts would be greatly appreciated.  I have a balakbayan box on its way here with some more radio equipment, but it's not everything.  I'll touch base with a PM for some details.

Thanks and 73, de Jeff, DU1/WK3U

• Like 1

RobH
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Maxheadspace said:

Greetings Rob!  Operating as DU1/WK3U in Batangas.  I plan on taking the exam for a permanent call next month (March).  I have a basic setup for HF, but will be expanding my station.  I'm concluding that finding parts can be a challenge here.  I've latched onto EIB Radio in Quezon City, but the selection there is pretty thin.  Any recommendations on sources of parts would be greatly appreciated.  I have a balakbayan box on its way here with some more radio equipment, but it's not everything.  I'll touch base with a PM for some details.

Thanks and 73, de Jeff, DU1/WK3U

RobH
Posted
Posted

Hi Jeff. the Philippine FCC are going to redo the licence here but I don't know when. they wouldn't do my renewal of my reciprocal licence.)

The local club got it for me but it's only till July, perhaps that's when the new licence comes out. I don't want to do the exam again, I took the

UK exam in 1976, I am old (77)

The USA is a gold mine for equipment, better than the UK, I buy in the uk and send via balakbuyan box, you only have to see the state of some of the equipment on sale here to see how poor most are.

please send m a PM then we can do a messenger or WhatsApp

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I am licensed as VK3LZ but not currently operating a station in the Philippines.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My hobby the US is restoring and modifying vintage American vacuum tube audio equipment. If ever I could help with parts please MP me. I don't stock parts but can procure them. 

• Like 1