Filipino partners first trip abroad.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Sadly Ive tried to leave the country twice with ladies in whom I was in a relationship... first time got the " show me youir facebook pics " . I dont have facebook, so that already started things going downhill. We shoed him maybe 100 pics of us together in various places.. .the dick%ead kept asking why I dont have facebook, was I hiding something ?

Second time I tried to get a girl to join me in Singapore that was a bust. But did have a filipina aged 25 travel by herself to join me in Taipei. So its really hit or miss.

Well done Snowy for braving the prison line.. how a country can imprison its own people it astonishing. I used to know a lady in Jakarta , and she would join me all over Asia on my trips.. she never had a problem entering or exciting Jakarta airport tho they did ask her how she had so many trips for someone under 25. .

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Just a quick heads up for anyone exiting the country with their partner for the first time. 

They will always interview the Filipina when it's the first trip and if not married. Immigration only recently were told to cut back on questions. The second trip with my partner the officer wanted to see travel insurance for her which l had but forgot to print it. The standoff came to an end when I said there is no law stating she must have travel insurance. That ended that and away we went but only for me to be yelled at for 2 hours because l forgot to print the insurance papers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 3/6/2024 at 9:57 PM, Snowy79 said:

Just a quick heads up for anyone exiting the country with their partner for the first time. 

I just did a Thailand run and would recommend arriving at least three hours before departure, maybe even 4hrs to be safe. 

Ensure you have a very good history of communications between you and your partner, photographs going as far back as possible, return flights, accomodation booked and plenty of money either in her bank or in cash. 

We had everything covered including bank statements, letter from work, proof she paid the flights etc. 

On arrival at immigration I was advised to proceed with my partner to the desk. The officer looked at my passport for a few seconds and stamped it then told me to proceed without my partner.

There are no waiting signs and you're ushered towards the xray machines etc. I walked painfully slow, pretended to go though my bags etc all while keeping a side eye on my partner. For about 20 minutes they asked her questions and went as far back as 2019 looking for a history of out relationship. They weren't interested in money, hotels etc. Finally they let her through but it was touch and go for a bit. 

All it takes is a few Filipinos ahead of you in the queue going through the same thing and you could miss your flight. 

Nice read, we experienced much the same on first trip, a Korean guy beside me actually did miss his flight because of the delay at immigration second screening. one must be as early as possible.

Considering a short hop to Thailand wondering how our experience will be as its a second exit for her?

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Now that the BI will be liable for costs related to missed flights perhaps things will improve.  

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Now that the BI will be liable for costs related to missed flights perhaps things will improve.  

I don’t suppose it’s retrospective? lol

• Haha 1