Renting out a room or home

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Been looking for a while now for places to rent for our future visit and being on here got me thinking , is there any members who may have a rental place or room to let out or know of any recommendations they could offer , we are in no rush as we are planning our visit to start early next year 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Been looking for a while now for places to rent for our future visit and being on here got me thinking , is there any members who may have a rental place or room to let out or know of any recommendations they could offer , we are in no rush as we are planning our visit to start early next year 

Airbnb is about as good as you'll get for reasonable prices. I don't know of any foreigners renting out rooms although I've had a few friends crash on my sofa for a few weeks at a time. 

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Airbnb is about as good as you'll get for reasonable prices. I don't know of any foreigners renting out rooms although I've had a few friends crash on my sofa for a few weeks at a time. 

agreed, Airbnb is your best bet, BUT read all the reviews and be extremely picky.   I have had some, even with good reviews, come up way short, and I have regretted choosing those particular places.  Having said that, you can find some really nice places.   If possible, look at the neighborhood with each particular offer. 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, craftbeerlover said:

agreed, Airbnb is your best bet, BUT read all the reviews and be extremely picky.   I have had some, even with good reviews, come up way short, and I have regretted choosing those particular places.  Having said that, you can find some really nice places.   If possible, look at the neighborhood with each particular offer. 

Like you and Snowy has said Airbnb seems to be the best , and I use google maps and do a walk about around the neighbourhood too, but sometimes the maps have not been updated so it could be a year or more old , and lots can change in the area in that time .

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

I am staying at a nice new unit in Lapu Lapu at Ocean Crest condos, fully furnished and set up for westerners. Sep bedroom big swimming pool. They have short term and long term options. The rental manager here is brilliant. Prices depend on how long the term is.  

IMG_0408.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love it 1