No water in T Town this weekend.

Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Do other cities shut down an entire cities water supply for 48hrs to clean one of two water treatment plants? IDK  Seems a bit much to me.

Pic of plant below suggests that it isn't really that big.

May be an image of water heater, body of water and text that says 'CUSTOMER ADVISORY WATER SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT NOTICE Routine cleaning of the Sedimentation Basins at Water Treatment Plant 2 is scheduled for SATURDAY & SUNDAY, March 16 & 17, 2024. Affected area: ENTIRE Tacloban City During this period, there may be low to no water supply. Consumers are advised to store water for their consumption during the cleaning process. Thank you for your patience and understanding. & A. Mabini St. Tacloban City 0919 2079; 0999 794 9796 PrimeWaterLeyteMetro POu PrimeWater LEYTEMETRO LEYTEMETRO METRO'

Edited by Lee
  • Sad 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Hasn't happened in our area to my knowledge.

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

Ormoc city has run out of water, I assume from the drought.  Some areas have not had water for several weeks now.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

2 or 3 times a year our water company does deep cleaning but only for a few hours, maybe a half-day.  

Possum
Posted
Posted

There's plenty of water in the Philippines above and below ground. The problem is water management.

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Possum said:

There's plenty of water in the Philippines above and below ground. The problem is water management.

image.jpeg

• Sad 1