Tourist Visa

rikstick4493
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm heading to the Philippines for the fourth time. However, I might have made a mistake because my return ticket says 56 days from my arrival date. Someone told me that I can apply for a tourist Visa before my plane leaves on April the 3rd of this year. What is the quickest way to do this? Step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated. Hyperlinks, steps, cost, etc.

Thanks in advance.

James

longway
Posted
Posted

Just an FYI, I arrived Manila by Air several weeks ago. I had dutifully completed my E- Travel form before leaving my country. Upon arrival I was never asked to see it by anyone. I don't know if the inspections for the form are Random or just not done anymore. I felt I wasted my time completing it.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, longway said:

Just an FYI, I arrived Manila by Air several weeks ago. I had dutifully completed my E- Travel form before leaving my country. Upon arrival I was never asked to see it by anyone. I don't know if the inspections for the form are Random or just not done anymore. I felt I wasted my time completing it.

I returned from Thailand about a week ago. I was asked to scan the QR code at immigration and I was also asked to scan a code at customs. Note the customs QR is separate. There is a link to it from the eTravel site. Those without smart phones were required to fill out paper forms. Customs, at least on this trip, seemed to be quite strict about collecting the forms / getting ppl to scan the codes. As always YMMV, but it’s their house so their rules. Best to comply and fill it out. 

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I'm planning a Christmas vacation to Philippines.  My plan was to be in Cebu for 30 days to avoid a Visa extension but Lyn had other plans.  Happy wife, happy life and all that meant I had to postpone my leave date by 8 days.  So total time in Philippines will be 38 days and that means I will need to get an extension.  Rats.

So the easiest thing for me is to enter on 30 day visa free and get an extension at the BI in Cebu.  My question is:  Are the officials still ok with a return ticket more than 30 days out?  In the past it was a breeze but I want to know how things are now.  Has anyone entered lately with an exit/return ticket more than 30 days out?  

Gator
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I'm planning a Christmas vacation to Philippines.  My plan was to be in Cebu for 30 days to avoid a Visa extension but Lyn had other plans.  Happy wife, happy life and all that meant I had to postpone my leave date by 8 days.  So total time in Philippines will be 38 days and that means I will need to get an extension.  Rats.

So the easiest thing for me is to enter on 30 day visa free and get an extension at the BI in Cebu.  My question is:  Are the officials still ok with a return ticket more than 30 days out?  In the past it was a breeze but I want to know how things are now.  Has anyone entered lately with an exit/return ticket more than 30 days out?  

The officials don’t really care. The only ones who seem to ask are the airlines when you check in. 

Actually the easiest and fastest way to get an extension is at the airport when you arrive. No passport pic or application form is required. The process is usually done within 15-20 minutes. Just be sure to have pesos to pay for it (last time I did it was a few years ago and the cost was about 2,850 pesos). 

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, longway said:

Upon arrival I was never asked to see it by anyone. I don't know if the inspections for the form are Random or just not done anymore. I felt I wasted my time completing it.

If its been done, the Immigration clerks can see it on their computer. Thats why they dont ask....

• Like 1