6 month Tourist Visa Extension

TrevorH
Posted
Posted

I have just been advised that 6 month tourist visa extensions are no longer allowed.
I can find nothing about this on the BI website. Has anybody else heard of or experienced this?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, TrevorH said:

I have just been advised that 6 month tourist visa extensions are no longer allowed.
I can find nothing about this on the BI website. Has anybody else heard of or experienced this?

Who advised you that? The option is still available online E-services and was still on the form at the BI office a month or so ago and if there are changes its always posted on the BI Facebook page which has no changes. How long have you been here ? 

TrevorH
Posted
Posted

The guy at the BI in Intramoros who has dealt with my visa extensions for the past 10 years.
I've been here more than 18 years. Others appear to have ecperienced same, See Onemore52 and BrettGC.

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Who advised you that? The option is still available online E-services and was still on the form at the BI office a month or so ago and if there are changes its always posted on the BI Facebook page which has no changes. How long have you been here ? 

On all the forums including this everybody is talking about only getting 2 month extension... maybe unofficial new rule?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

I did my extension about 3 weeks ago at Dumaguete field office. I'd heard about the new policy but I tried to do 6 months as it was still on form.  I was advised  by the BI agent (uniformed) that only those that arrived on Balikbayan can extend for 6 months anywhere outside of Manila main office or online (makes sense, as extensions online are processed through Manila).  This is policy.  I had heard if you were married to a national they'd still allow it if you didn't arrive on Balikbayan so I took my marriage certificate but "No, not permitted sir".  

Annoying for me as this was going to be my last extension prior to probationary 13a approval and it's a 2 to 3 hour drive to BI from where we are depending on traffic.  In hindsight I should've just thanked them, walked out, and done it on my phone and picked up my ACR card (it was renewal time) at a later date.  I'll be doing it online next time around either way. 

None of this is on their website, e-services pages or their Facebook page.  

Edited by BrettGC