Moving to Philippines

Sothsealad1938
Posted
Posted

Grateful for advice on entry requirements and immigration procedure.   I am hoping to move to Ph at beginning of July this year and to marry my fiance and set up home.

I read that I can obtain a Visa Exempt, I British, for 30 days and then get an extension up to 59 days.  what happens afterwards.

Should I use a Visa Agent or not?

Many thanks

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Absolutely no need for a visa agent. You receive a 30 visitor visa upon entry. 

If you select the forum HOME a drop down listing all forum subsections will show. Click on TRAVEL AND VISA INFORMATION for in-depth information. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

P_X
Posted
Posted
On 4/8/2024 at 4:52 AM, Sothsealad1938 said:

Grateful for advice on entry requirements and immigration procedure.   I am hoping to move to Ph at beginning of July this year and to marry my fiance and set up home.

I read that I can obtain a Visa Exempt, I British, for 30 days and then get an extension up to 59 days.  what happens afterwards.

Should I use a Visa Agent or not?

Many thanks

No offense,  but judging from your lack of knowledge on the visa process,  I'd assume you haven't spent much time with the fiance.

Do yourself a favor and slow your roll. Get to know her. And definitely consider a prenuptial agreement 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

No need for an agent. You can get 59 days at the airport on arrival.

If you give a bit more details you may get more help, things like if you're over 50 you can get a retirement visa. Advice on setting up home, how often you've visited the Philippines and location you're thinking of settling etc. 

If you're new to the Philippines take things very slowly, you'll get a lot of lessons on the culture once you are here and don't burn your bridges in your home country until you are fully happy that the Philippines is for you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1