Is she trying to kill me

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Clermont said:

Well I’m lucky at the moment, my wife is a good cook and she cooks the food she like’s and cooks the food I like , plenty of choice in the food range, even the fast food service, yeah I’m content.

Similar to mine, except we have a son to take into account.  We mostly eat exactly the same food but sometimes my wife will add something different to hers only.  There are so many food options available that it's never been an issue thus far. 

The only point of contention is that both she and my son love pasta with tomato sauce whilst I'm not a lover but I can eat it so that's one I'll take for the team!

• Like 3

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

No problems here as well.  My wife is a great cook, and loves to learn more dishes to try as well, and not just filipino food.   The best thing is we have very similar tastes, other than I love spicy and she is not a big fan.  I just add patis and sili, and that satisfies my spicy itch.

Our son eats just about anything/everything (depending on his mood of course)

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My advice is to be honest.  My wife is a good cook who like to experiment and change up a recipe.  Early on I encouraged her to always follow the recipe the first time, then experiment later.   When she cooks something new or modifies a meal she will ask if I like it.  I am always honest and tell her what I think of the dish.  Some are great, some are good, some need improvement, and some I tell her I can't eat.  Some of what she cooks will end up going to the dogs and they seem to love it.  She does not get upset and recognizes that American and Filipino taste in foods are just different.  So be honest, tell her what she prepares that you enjoy but also what you do not like.  I think you will find her experiments in food will gravitate toward meals that you will both enjoy.  Bon appétit.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1