10 year warranty

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Bought a 7 seater sofa 7 years ago from a well known store in Dumaguete with a 10 year warranty with it. The sofa legs kept braking so we went to the store and they said that part is not with warranty. Anyway we noticed there was saw-dust under the sofa so we went back to the store and said it's got wood-worm in the frame and it's got a 10 year warranty, they said that part has only got a 7 year warranty and it's expired. So I said what about the cushions, Oh they said yes that part is under the 10 year warranty, good I said it's where I sit my fat arse and has sagged the cushion and needs replacing.

The manager then said we will send an adjuster to estimate what the cost are, which I paid P 370 for the trouble.

Got a text message for the total cost 37k peso. Not sure what they are going to replace, the frame has woodworm, cushion needs replacing, legs need replacing and the whole sofa need a new cover. Told the wife, lets buy a new one and give this one away. But she is very 'Thrifty' and want's to mend this.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Bought a 7 seater sofa 7 years ago from a well known store in Dumaguete with a 10 year warranty with it. The sofa legs kept braking so we went to the store and they said that part is not with warranty. Anyway we noticed there was saw-dust under the sofa so we went back to the store and said it's got wood-worm in the frame and it's got a 10 year warranty, they said that part has only got a 7 year warranty and it's expired. So I said what about the cushions, Oh they said yes that part is under the 10 year warranty, good I said it's where I sit my fat arse and has sagged the cushion and needs replacing.

The manager then said we will send an adjuster to estimate what the cost are, which I paid P 370 for the trouble.

Got a text message for the total cost 37k peso. Not sure what they are going to replace, the frame has woodworm, cushion needs replacing, legs need replacing and the whole sofa need a new cover. Told the wife, lets buy a new one and give this one away. But she is very 'Thrifty' and want's to mend this.

Probably throwing good money after bad?

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, hk blues said:

Probably throwing good money after bad?

Agree once termites are in best to throw it.

• Like 1