Driving license

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Would I have to get an international driving license if I am driving in the Philippines and living there long term or would my British drivers license be enough .

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

Would I have to get an international driving license if I am driving in the Philippines and living there long term or would my British drivers license be enough .

You can Drive here on your Uk License for 90 days after your arrival. An International Driving Permit is only a translation of your UK licence. after 90 days you would have to apply for a Philippine License :tiphat: or risk a Fine if caught

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

You can Drive here on your Uk License for 90 days after your arrival. An International Driving Permit is only a translation of your UK licence. after 90 days you would have to apply for a Philippine License :tiphat: or risk a Fine if caught

Jack Would I have to go for some sort of test or is it just a form to fill in and pay a fee 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, stevewool said:

Jack Would I have to go for some sort of test or is it just a form to fill in and pay a fee 

Not always just a straight swap but  it depends on the LTO office you apply at, there is a fee but of that i am not sure ( It is at this time a grey Area on these Tests) What I will say is that according to the Law the LTO can ask for proof via visa  you will be here for 1 year at least, YMMV

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack, just one more question I promise on this matter , if we are travelling and have no permanent address as only renting could I use the address of the house in Marikina as where we are residing if any forms are needed to be filled in 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Thanks Jack, just one more question I promise on this matter , if we are travelling and have no permanent address as only renting could I use the address of the house in Marikina as where we are residing if any forms are needed to be filled in 

Yes but take Ems with you and have some sort of proof of address for that house

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes but take Ems with you and have some sort of proof of address for that house

Thanks again Jack 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

Thanks again Jack 

My Pleasure mate, if you are renting you could use the Lease of the property as proof of address, If you are coming on a BB the LTO are well aware of such situations :tiphat: