For Sale - 19 Slightly Used Vehicles

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Probably someone burning their garbage or smoking accidently started it, doesn't take much when everything is so dry.

Had 2 grass fires in the last 2 months on my farm, second one burned 2 old cars that were parked by the neighbors field.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Probably someone burning their garbage or smoking accidently started it, doesn't take much when everything is so dry.

Had 2 grass fires in the last 2 months on my farm, second one burned 2 old cars that were parked by the neighbors field.

One story said the lot was full of dried grass :whistling:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I have been tracking the heat index for the past couple weeks here in Moalboal.  Every day it has been above 43 and one day last week it hit 51.   We have been watering our lawn almost every day but dry grass everywhere else it seems.  The older folks here say this is about the worst hot/dry spell they can remember.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

One story said the lot was full of dried grass :whistling:

I saw that grass parking lot  and wondered about problems with fire or too much rain.

Several people theorized the fire was caused by someone leaving a water bottle in their car. Seems fear of water bottle fires is a thing here.

Now in theory a fire can be started with a full clear water bottle if the sun's angle is just right BUT not if the water bottle is behind tinted glass. Most cars here are tinted to the 80% eclipse level so water bottles are safe to leave in cars.

• Like 2

Lee
Posted
Posted

What caused the fire in Naia?

A statement from the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) said the blaze started at 1:28 p.m. “from a small grass fire which rapidly progressed, burning several nearby vehicles parked thereat.” The MIAA's Rescue and Firefighting Division dispatched five firetrucks and a medical team to the site.11 hours ago

https://www.google.com/search?q=19+vehicles+caught+fire+naia&oq=19+vehicles+caught+fire+naia&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQIRigATIHCAIQIRigATIHCAMQIRigAdIBCjMzMjEyajBqMTWoAgiwAgE&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

bob1965
Posted
Posted

They’ll still want 90% of new price when they sell them.

• Haha 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

I don't believe I've seen another airport that had a flammable parking lot, even in Africa.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, bob1965 said:

They’ll still want 90% of new price when they sell them.

Yeah, but they will have them painted! :hystery:

• Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yeah, but they will have them painted! :hystery:

Could paint them smokey gray colour.

• Haha 1