ticket leaving required

JJJ
Posted
Posted

I arrived from Bangkok and noticed that I was not asked for a ticket leaving the Philippines. Always have been asked before. Is the ticket leaving not required? Or is the ticket leaving identified electronically somehow? Thanks

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

It is still required.  They may not have asked if you're flying on the same airline so it's on their system. 

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, JJJ said:

I arrived from Bangkok and noticed that I was not asked for a ticket leaving the Philippines. Always have been asked before. Is the ticket leaving not required? Or is the ticket leaving identified electronically somehow? Thanks

Usually it’s the airlines from your first country of departure who asks. I’ve never been asked at the BOI upon arrival. Could also depend on your visa as well. Last year when I came back I was asked in Tampa by United Airlines for an onward or return ticket. I showed my ACR card and informed the ticket agent I was a resident of the Philippines who was returning home. No problems and I issued my boarding passes. 

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've been asked by my airline before boarding and by BI upon arrival.

It is perhaps only one trip in three that it happens but onward ticket is cheap insurance to ensure a smooth arrival.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3