Latest recommendations for virtual mailbox

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Last time I moved to PH I used Travelling Mailbox for postal mail. What services do you use and why do you like them. This time I want an address in New Hampshire which traveling mailbox doesn't have.

Thanks

Gator
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, earthdome said:

Last time I moved to PH I used Travelling Mailbox for postal mail. What services do you use and why do you like them. This time I want an address in New Hampshire which traveling mailbox doesn't have.

Thanks

Why only New Hampshire?

Mine is based in Florida and designed for RV’rs. It’s also my tax home for the IRS. They offer different levels of service that essentially depends on the amount of mail you get. Envelopes are scanned and you get a notification on their app as well as an email. You then decide to have it opened and scanned or shredded. Once read you can download it and then also decide if you want it forwarded or shredded. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My private mailbox (PMB) is South Dakota.  They have several large companies since it is big business.  Mine is with Americas Mailboxes.  Advantages include no state income tax like Florida, second lowest auto insurance, no notification for jury duty, and first license renewal is done online.  My RV insurance with $500 deductible was less than $1,000 per year.  

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gator said:

Why only New Hampshire?

Mine is based in Florida and designed for RV’rs. It’s also my tax home for the IRS. They offer different levels of service that essentially depends on the amount of mail you get. Envelopes are scanned and you get a notification on their app as well as an email. You then decide to have it opened and scanned or shredded. Once read you can download it and then also decide if you want it forwarded or shredded. 

We will snowbird and spend summers in NH, hope to buy a vacation home or cabin on or close to a lake there. So it would be nice if the service was in the state where our home is. NH also has no state income tax.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

My private mailbox (PMB) is South Dakota.  They have several large companies since it is big business.  Mine is with Americas Mailboxes.  Advantages include no state income tax like Florida, second lowest auto insurance, no notification for jury duty, and first license renewal is done online.  My RV insurance with $500 deductible was less than $1,000 per year.  

This is a good option for an RV. You could create an LLC and put your vehicles in the LLC to take advantage of this.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, earthdome said:

This is a good option for an RV. You could create an LLC and put your vehicles in the LLC to take advantage of this.

I sold our RV a couple of weeks ago to Car Max and we got an excellent price.  No intentions of buying another one.  I did look into an LLC 10 years ago before moving from Hawaii to South Dakota.  The decision at the time was this step was not necessary unless the plans included starting a business.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I sold our RV a couple of weeks ago to Car Max and we got an excellent price.  No intentions of buying another one.  I did look into an LLC 10 years ago before moving from Hawaii to South Dakota.  The decision at the time was this step was not necessary unless the plans included starting a business.

Or you redide in another state.