Affordable Beach Resort - Accomodations

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced beach resort or beach near Cebu City.In past visits while we stayed in the city, we would have at least part of our trip a few days at the beach. I stayed in low - moderately priced places from Hadsen, Tambuli. In years past, I learned from locals that you could purchase a membership at these places too. The membership allowed you visit the hotel beaches and use the public facilities. Going for the day there was a per-person entrance fee. We found it easy to just get a room which provided the ability to make it a long day and other conveniences.It is a dream to some day try the Shangra La but the prices I get are just way too much.We are looking for an affordable place to visit / stay to enjoy the beach. Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations?Thanks

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced beach resort or beach near Cebu City.In past visits while we stayed in the city, we would have at least part of our trip a few days at the beach. I stayed in low - moderately priced places from Hadsen, Tambuli. In years past, I learned from locals that you could purchase a membership at these places too. The membership allowed you visit the hotel beaches and use the public facilities. Going for the day there was a per-person entrance fee. We found it easy to just get a room which provided the ability to make it a long day and other conveniences.It is a dream to some day try the Shangra La but the prices I get are just way too much.We are looking for an affordable place to visit / stay to enjoy the beach. Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations?Thanks
On first time to Cebu my girlfriend and her Ate took me to view one of the resorts but I don't know which one it was,it was nice but not much good for you if I can not tell you where I were,lolAnyway not sure how close you wish to be to Cebu city but I am thinking of going here for a few days as mentioned in another thread.http://www.oceanbaybeachresort.com/

• 2 months later...
Gold Heart
Posted
Posted

I had a chance this Wednesday to take my son and a few family members to the Imperial Palace, Mactan. I had to get him out of the house and away from the video games at least for one day while he is on Easter break.The Imperial Palace is really very nice and some say much nicer than the Shangra La. Certainly the Palace is much more up to date and loaded with water rides as it is decribed as a water park. There is a wave beach, large standard pools with swim up bars, a floating river, a kids pirate themed splash and fountain area, and finaly some huge water shute rides with multiple shoots that twist and turn from 6 -8 stories high. They have modified the beach to make it nice, seem to have brought in their own white sand, have steps to enter the water and shield it from the ugly neigbors with man-made outlets and peers. They have well place seating with unbrellas on the beach or you can rent a fully stocked Cabanna which you can full enclose like a tent. (don't know price) It sits in the Hadsun bay.It is quite expensive. The local price is 1700 pesos / 2400 foreiners for a day pass which includes a buffet lunch. The lunch was quite nice with multi- cultural offerings - Italian, Filipino, Korean, Japanese, Western. Drinks not included.I would go there again but likely with just my immediate family. This cost me a pretty penny to cover the "uninvited".I also visited the Hadsun beach, Mactan a month ago. I had gone there years ago and found it "acceptable" and affordable. I will never go there again. They have let the dogs take over. There are herds of dogs roaming around for handouts and rummaging through the garbage. The beach is also full of algae. The huts are in need of serious cleaning and repair. The beach has no sand to speak of.Finally, went to Blue Ridge, Mactan invited by some visitors during Sinulog week for a group outing. It was way too crowded for my tastes and depending on the location of your assigned cabanna / hut, you could be blocked from seeing the beach. These huts are also right on top of each other. They also have a water slide, accomodate your own cooking, have optional Karaoke cabanna and large units to accomodate big parties. The water is a bit ugly dirty and there is no real beach to speak of.