New Policy Regarding Late Visa Renwals

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

I was told today by one of my friends at the BoI that a new policy has been introduced for late visa renewals.If you are as much as one day late, you will be required to submit a letter with your application to renew, explaining why you are late. I have yet to verify this fact as being part of the actual policy of the BoI, but be aware that late renewals or overstaying are probably things of the past!!Paul

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I was told today by one of my friends at the BoI that a new policy has been introduced for late visa renewals.If you are as much as one day late, you will be required to submit a letter with your application to renew, explaining why you are late. I have yet to verify this fact as being part of the actual policy of the BoI, but be aware that late renewals or overstaying are probably things of the past!!Paul
Personally I don't know why anyone should be late to renew their visas,its one of those thing that you just know when its due so arrange to get it done.Overstaying is just stupidity,the only reason people overstay is because they either have no money or are wanted some where else. I am sure you are right Paul,times are changing and modern technology will get these people who do not do the right thing one day.

TheMason
Posted
Posted

Its about time. I don't know why they allow late extensions. They should just deport you and bar you from re-entry for a few years. If you can't respect the laws of the Philippines, you don't deserve to be here.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
Personally I don't know why anyone should be late to renew their visas,its one of those thing that you just know when its due so arrange to get it done.Overstaying is just stupidity,the only reason people overstay is because they either have no money or are wanted some where else. I am sure you are right Paul,times are changing and modern technology will get these people who do not do the right thing one day.
One of the causes of lateness is the "holidays" as unless your aware of the public holidays in the Philippines you could easily expire as arriving on the day of renewal finding the place closed. Or if your stuck with the weather for example being a day late getting to an office due to being in a remote location. There is always some extreme/valid reasons for being late at the end of the day they should ideally extend visas to cover 6 months with a 1 month window to renew in advance. But its unlikely to happen..

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
One of the causes of lateness is the "holidays" as unless your aware of the public holidays in the Philippines you could easily expire as arriving on the day of renewal finding the place closed. Or if your stuck with the weather for example being a day late getting to an office due to being in a remote location. There is always some extreme/valid reasons for being late at the end of the day they should ideally extend visas to cover 6 months with a 1 month window to renew in advance. But its unlikely to happen..
What you say is correct but no one needs to leave it until the day before it is due,I am not sure but its probable that you could renew the day after you have an extension done. I think the last time I was in Cebu I got my extension about a week before the end date.

retired
Posted
Posted
Interesting info Rocka . Maybe someone else will be able to provide additional info . Through the years i have heard so much BS regarding the BOI from so many different sources , including BOI employees themselves , that i tend to wait till i see it in print somewhere . :-)

retired
Posted
Posted
Its about time. I don't know why they allow late extensions. They should just deport you and bar you from re-entry for a few years. If you can't respect the laws of the Philippines, you don't deserve to be here.
They allow for the same reasons fines are charged for breaking traffic rules , more money . :-) Besides , if everyone got deported for an overstay the Philippine economy would hear a giant whoosing sound via the over staying OFW abroad . :-)To be taken with a grain of salt .. :-)