Man Shot Dead After Posting Bail

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I guess this answers my question about who did the killing of the guy who mugged the American. Criminals better leave Cebu or end up dead. It is a terrible thing that they could not wait until the criminal was out of the taxi to kill him so that the driver would not also be shot. Hurting a poor hard working taxi driver is so wrong and negates all they are trying to do IMO. CEBU, Philippines - A man who has just posted bail for an illegal drug case was shot and killed by two unidentified men along Osmeña Boulevard, Cebu City around 4 p.m. yesterday.The victim, who is in his early 30s, was on the front seat of a taxicab when the assailants opened fire at him several times. He was identified as Raul Dadang, a resident of Ozamiz City. His two companions – his pregnant girlfriend and an unidentified man – who were on the backseat were unhurt during the incident. But the driver, Joar Miranda, sustained several gunshot wounds.Dadang, who was allegedly being detained at the Cebu City Police Office, has just come from the Palace of Justice where he posted a P40,000 bail for an illegal drug case.Link to the whole story

Guardian
Posted
Posted

2 kills 2 days, it appears they are back in town and doing a fine job I might add.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I guess this answers my question about who did the killing of the guy who mugged the American. Criminals better leave Cebu or end up dead. It is a terrible thing that they could not wait until the criminal was out of the taxi to kill him so that the driver would not also be shot. Hurting a poor hard working taxi driver is so wrong and negates all they are trying to do IMO. CEBU, Philippines - A man who has just posted bail for an illegal drug case was shot and killed by two unidentified men along Osme

TheMason
Posted
Posted
They may not be vigilantes,could be that he had to be silenced so others would not go down for the same crime. I agree that a better time and place should have been chosen if it was a vigilante killing but also Vigilante killings are just as bad as other crimes so now we need someone to shoot the vigilantes for committing a crime,then we need another lot of vigilantes to shoot the last lot,then we .............................Let the legal system do its job.
Exactly!The legal system is dysfunctional in the Philippines, but vigilante violence makes the country less stable and unsafe.