Cebu Pacific

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well tonight I booked the flights for my wife to travel to Zamboanga to Cebu,they had promo seats on one leg of the return trip,now all was going well but would not accept my mastercard.Since I have booked online before and had no problems I decided to use my visa card. All good, booked and confirmed.:)So if booking online from Australia visa cards are OK but I have read many times that the US cards are not accepted.OK, now for the problemWould you believe that when re reading the confirmation and flight details the system must of had an error because the flights were back to front,instead of Zam to Cebu they were the other way th_fluch.gifI cursed their system using many new words until I looked over to the side where the original search was done for flights,there it was,,a stupid me error.I had it back to front not their system.:(All right,I know :th_imstupid:Anyway, next I put in the confirmation code where it says you can change details,showed all the details fine but there is no button to click to change anything.:why-me:I give up :541:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Two nights ago I tried to book a simple R/T on their website from Manila to Cebu. It kept declining both my MasterCard credit card and my Visa debit card, even though both card companies said there was no problem with the accounts. I even tried to call CP's "customer service" from the US (good luck with that). I gave up and booked it with Philippine Air with no problem and the fare was less then CP's 50% off sale.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Two nights ago I tried to book a simple R/T on their website from Manila to Cebu. It kept declining both my MasterCard credit card and my Visa debit card, even though both card companies said there was no problem with the accounts. I even tried to call CP's "customer service" from the US (good luck with that). I gave up and booked it with Philippine Air with no problem and the fare was less then CP's 50% off sale.
Hi MikeIts been known now for a long time that they wont accept a US credit card,why exactly I do not know.I did see they have other payment methods available now like internet banking transfer.You would think that a business like an airline would have a booking system that accepts all credit cards though.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I've purchased CP tickets with these credit cards previously with no problem - when I'm in the Philippines. This is the 1st time I've tried from the US so maybe that's the problem, I don't know. Next time I'll get one-way tickets instead of R/T since they charge the equivalent of $30USD for any changes and (unlike CP) you have to go to a PAL ticket office to make a change. Fares seem to be exactly the same either way.

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted (edited)
I've purchased CP tickets with these credit cards previously with no problem - when I'm in the Philippines. This is the 1st time I've tried from the US so maybe that's the problem, I don't know. Next time I'll get one-way tickets instead of R/T since they charge the equivalent of $30USD for any changes and (unlike CP) you have to go to a PAL ticket office to make a change. Fares seem to be exactly the same either way.
They do accept US credit cards. My wife and went to HK in November and I purchased the tickets online from here. They declined my Chase Visa card but accepted my Citibank MC. Not sure why? I encounter varying acceptance of cards throughout my buying experience here in general. One day accepted -- a week later declned.. I think it has to do with the fraud dectection from the card provders. I call the providers to let them know I'm traveling or on international assignment. Edited by Gold Heart

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

While trying to sort out my stuff up with the tickets I bought I noticed a little piece of info that may help someone.On the website it says that the best time to purchase the cheapest fares are Tuesday and Wednesday.This is true as yesterday there were no promo fares and tonight there were. :thumbsup:

retired
Posted
Posted

Cebu Pacific is notorious for card issues of all kinds . Works for one and not for another , will accept one brand name card and not another , etc. Even have known folks that used Philippine issued cards for on-line purchase that was accepted ( my wife ) and then on going to local agent to pick up ticket being told transaction was rejected even though bank has already debited our account . Took 6 months and a visit while in Cebu to get a refund . They are just not a well run company and would never trust them again for an on - line purchase .

daisy
Posted
Posted (edited)
Cebu Pacific is notorious for card issues of all kinds . Works for one and not for another , will accept one brand name card and not another , etc. Even have known folks that used Philippine issued cards for on-line purchase that was accepted ( my wife ) and then on going to local agent to pick up ticket being told transaction was rejected even though bank has already debited our account . Took 6 months and a visit while in Cebu to get a refund . They are just not a well run company and would never trust them again for an on - line purchase .
Why you forget??? We are there in Cebu together and we both know we don't get the REFUND that day....we don't get the REFUND I just stop bitchinga and thinking about it because the stress is not worth it! Huh!Maybe that's why "the husband" presumed "the wife" get back the money because of her silence!:thumbsup: Edited by daisy

retired
Posted
Posted
Why you forget??? We are there in Cebu together and we both know we don't get the REFUND that day....we don't get the REFUND I just stop bitchinga and thinking about it because the stress is not worth it! Huh!Maybe that's why "the husband" presumed "the wife" get back the money because of her silence!:thumbsup:
Maybe you are right about the "silence" . And maybe , the "silence" because you know your American husband would be bitching Cebu Pacific until the day you emptied my urn . SugarwareZ-024.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Phileas Fogg
Posted
Posted

Also try Zest Airways, aswell as Cebu Pacific & PAL.