Where Can I Find Lasagna

manabouttown
Posted
Posted

Hi allAnyone know if there is a caterer or a place i can buy cooked Lasagna. A couple of us are planning a bit of a party and the lechon and chicken grill is sorted out but we would like lasagna as well.I should mention enough to feed about 10 people.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi allAnyone know if there is a caterer or a place i can buy cooked Lasagna. A couple of us are planning a bit of a party and the lechon and chicken grill is sorted out but we would like lasagna as well.I should mention enough to feed about 10 people.
Wow, that might be a hard request since I do not think I have seen Lasagna the whole time I have been in the Philippines. There is one Italian restaurant downstairs on the ground floor of the Cebu City Ayala Terraces that is said to have great Italian food but we have not eaten there yet and I will probably try it in February. The one I am talking about is down the stairs from where the taxis drop off or pickup people and those stairs are next to Starbucks then once downstairs turn to the left and the restaurant I am talking about was right there on the corner of that building. Anyone else have any more concrete ideas?

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
Pizza hut Bistro - Banilad, Ayala, and SM now do pasta and both make Lasagna -- can be made for take out - Banilad store also delivers.Also Giuseppe's - Italian owned and operated (does a local cook show on TV, and works out at the Waterfront gym) - Maria Luisa Road, 343-9901.

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted (edited)
Wow, that might be a hard request since I do not think I have seen Lasagna the whole time I have been in the Philippines. There is one Italian restaurant downstairs on the ground floor of the Cebu City Ayala Terraces that is said to have great Italian food but we have not eaten there yet and I will probably try it in February. The one I am talking about is down the stairs from where the taxis drop off or pickup people and those stairs are next to Starbucks then once downstairs turn to the left and the restaurant I am talking about was right there on the corner of that building. Anyone else have any more concrete ideas?
You may be referring to Idea Italia 1-F -232-4292 if you want to let your fingers do the walking -- or the Spaghetti factory in Ayala There is also a Sbarro (Italian fast food chain) in there that has Lasagna regularly. Lasagna is easy to find. There are rare variations in ingredients for Lasgna. Harder for me is to locate good Ravioli which has variations in ingredients and content. The best to me are with mushroom or squash stuffing found in some of the good italian restaurants in the US. So far strike out. I've actually brought back some frozen from the US that I enjoy with family the day of arrival. Edited by Gold Heart

retired
Posted
Posted
Can't speak for Cebu but if you happen to be in Cagayan De Oro and have a hankering would highly recommend best local source as Marino , the Italian ex-Pat . From what i hear keeps two ovens going in his house and i can testify to his Lasagna . Reminded of first time i brought home and my Filipino familes first experience with it . Sat down at dinner , no one liked it , but me . Woke up next morning , open the fridge and you guessed it , no more Lasagna . SugarwareZ-047.gif

manabouttown
Posted
Posted

Hi to allThanks everyone who replied.I did not think of any of the places suggested and might have passed by them several times. It was my friends idea to have lasagna so I will pass this info on for him to sort out.thanks, you guys are so helpful

• 1 month later...
tom_shor
Posted
Posted
You may be referring to Idea Italia 1-F -232-4292 if you want to let your fingers do the walking -- or the Spaghetti factory in Ayala There is also a Sbarro (Italian fast food chain) in there that has Lasagna regularly. Lasagna is easy to find. There are rare variations in ingredients for Lasgna. Harder for me is to locate good Ravioli which has variations in ingredients and content. The best to me are with mushroom or squash stuffing found in some of the good italian restaurants in the US. So far strike out. I've actually brought back some frozen from the US that I enjoy with family the day of arrival.
There is also a place in the New Area of Ayala called Roma Mia. Second level I think.SugarwareZ-047.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

La Tegola in Ayala Terraces in Cebu City. It can be found on the very bottom floor below Statbucks at the entrance where the taxis drop people off. Member Morey, his wife, Member Franklin and my wife and I went out and Frank order it and said it was pretty good but a small portion for one of us big eating Kanos. SugarwareZ-047.gif

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately, there is not anyplace that serves "good" lasagna here. Some is barely passable, but none are good, much less great! Problems being lack of ricotta cheese, the very high cost of good cheese, and the sweetness of the average sauce. Not to mention that the ingredients are skimpy just like everything here that is western or imported. THE best Lasagna in Cebu is made at my place once in awhile when we can afford the P2000+ that it takes to make a good one!