Tinned Foods

tim_and_vya
Posted
Posted

i dont know if this is the right place for this topic, im flying into manila this tuesday and i was wondering if there was any food rules or regs on bringing food. i was thinking of bringing some canned meat, chocolates, sweets, suet, custard powder,tea bags,branston pickel,bisto, goose fat.if there are restriction what are they and how much shud or could i bring with me ?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
i don't know if this is the right place for this topic, im flying into manila this Tuesday and i was wondering if there was any food rules or regs on bringing food. i was thinking of bringing some canned meat, chocolates, sweets, suet, custard powder,tea bags,branston pickle,bisto, goose fat.if there are restriction what are they and how much should or could i bring with me ?
I don't know about Manila but at Cebu in my experience they say anything to declare,,,nope and that's it. Not sure why you would want to bring in so much stuff when most is available anyway.What is goose fat used for?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
i dont know if this is the right place for this topic, im flying into manila this tuesday and i was wondering if there was any food rules or regs on bringing food. i was thinking of bringing some canned meat, chocolates, sweets, suet, custard powder,tea bags,branston pickel,bisto, goose fat.if there are restriction what are they and how much shud or could i bring with me ?
As long as it is canned, for personal use and gifts for your family then it should be OK. Be sure to tell them that if they ask and always be friendly and courteous because it goes a long way in the Philippines. Manila usually checks luggage from my personal experience and I usually let my wife handle that part. SugarwareZ-004.gif

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
I bring back personal food products which included coffee, maple syrup, frozen ravioli, and of course chocolates. They are for personal use, I don't declare and have never had a problem in my 7+ trips through Manila and Cebu last year. My bags were opened only once during one trip in. They seemed to be most concerned about my sons WII game which I explained, he never leaves home with out.