Volunteer

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I found this link if anyone was interested in doing volunteering work in the Philippines http://www.globalvol...ines/?ref=ganza

Matt
Posted
Posted

Hi Boss Man, good post and i have read through it, but have decided not to take this on, as it costs a lot of money, and they do not operate in my area unfortunately. I think if i was going to spend $732 for 2 weeks volunteering, that money would be better spent where i live in my barangay. But it has given me some good ideas, like getting in touch with people back home and ask for old books to be sent here so i can give them to the local school, whos principle lives next door to me. I think volunteeering would be good for someone who does not live here yet, and wants to find out more about the country, as it will show you their great culture, food and weather whilst helping out in a community and you are sure to make some good friends here aswell. It is worth thinking about. Thank you Boss Man for some great ideas and the post.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I think the main thing is that we all try to find ways to help the people and the country if we can. Thank you Tom for posting that and it gives me some ideas as well.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hi Boss Man, good post and i have read through it, but have decided not to take this on, as it costs a lot of money, and they do not operate in my area unfortunately. I think if i was going to spend $732 for 2 weeks volunteering, that money would be better spent where i live in my barangay. But it has given me some good ideas, like getting in touch with people back home and ask for old books to be sent here so i can give them to the local school, whos principle lives next door to me. I think volunteering would be good for someone who does not live here yet, and wants to find out more about the country, as it will show you their great culture, food and weather whilst helping out in a community and you are sure to make some good friends here aswell. It is worth thinking about. Thank you Boss Man for some great ideas and the post.
Not really sure Matt but I think with the cost they charge the volunteer it could be more of a business for them but if it gives you some ideas and maybe others might decide to search for another way to help then its all good.

• 2 years later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

altho this topic is not updated in a long time. Has anyone lately had any experiences in Volunteering or helping in the community they live in, Making a difference for the better.I know that Bruce the"forum medical adviser" has done some volunteer work.BUT what about the others who live here ?

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

By " here " Bubba I take it that you mean in the Philippines...correct ?I volunteer here as in my own community with various organizations. One of the things I look at is not just the nobility of the cause but effectiveness and how efficient the leadership is as well.I just have a problem with a waste of resources. If I didn't....I'd go back to work for some field in the U.S.government :unsure:

• Like 4