21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you living in the Philippines now

2. 2. Are you visiting the Philippines right now

3. 3. Do you expect to move permanently to the Philppines

4. 4. Have you planned to visit the Philippines this year

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just thought that we can get an idea of where our members are and if they are intending to live in the Philippines.:thumbs-up-smile:

Steve
Posted
Posted

Donna and I are near Pittsburgh, PA in the US. We do plan on moving back to the Philippines eventually. I prefer sooner than later, but finances play that role...LOL As of now, we are planning on living in Bohol, but nothing has been written in stone so to speak.

TheMason
Posted
Posted

My wife and I are currently living in the Philippines. She's been here all her life and I've been here a couple of years. Most of our time was spent in Baguio, but we currently reside in Manila. We plan on returning to the US, probably Arizona, by the end of 2010. I don't think we'll be back in the Philippines for several years, but I think we'll come back at some point in the future.I've never been off the island of Luzon and hope that we can go to the Visayas some day to see what it is like. I don't care much for life in the Philippines as I've lived it so far, but maybe things are different in the Visayas. I read so many positive stories about Cebu and other areas in the Visayas. I'd like to see if life is significantly different there than it is on Luzon.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

My wife and I split our time between our home in Florida, USA and our home (condo)in Cebu and we also travel around the Philippines since our extended family is all over the Philippines, which includes Luzon, Mindanao and Cebu and we hope to move full time to Cebu or Cagayan de Oro someday down the road but we are taking it one day at a time as we always do with life. I am also watching how the next elections go and how the next presidents actions affect life in the Philippines for us and then we may be able to make a final decision. We are also considering possibly keeping a home or condo in the states (since it is now less expensive to buy one here than in the Philippines) so that we can come back and visit yearly because I hate to give up our friends in the US and I know most would never visit us because of the very long travel it takes to get to the Philippines.I also cannot answer the survey because we live in both places.

• Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Moved here to Surigao City back on October 2008. I retired at age 50 and decided to move here with my wife and son., so we can take care of our farm, take care of her parents, and let my son attend Caraga Regional Science High School, which is one of the top High Schools in the Philippines. He enjoys his school and may even attend college here, than latter he may still attend college back in the States. He is growing so fast that we wanted to spend as much time with him before he sets out on his own into the world. You only have one shot at it and did not want to miss these final few years we would have with him before he goes off to pursue a career. We are glad we did because we can really enjoy these final school years of our son. There is so much to see and do here, that it is quite a family adventure. We are having the time of our lives.

Travis
Posted
Posted

I cannot vote in the poll because I live here so the others do not apply.

• 4 weeks later...
vinon
Posted
Posted

My wife and I live in Riyadh, will visit her home in Iloilo in May and ill take the chance of visiting somewhere else like Palawan or Negros, whilst there. Four years to retirment then PI here we come

mike
Posted
Posted
My wife and I live in Riyadh, will visit her home in Iloilo in May and ill take the chance of visiting somewhere else like Palawan or Negros, whilst there. Four years to retirment then PI here we come
Sometimes I get asked 'do you not miss home?' answer I am home, the Philippines is my home.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Donna and I are near Pittsburgh, PA in the US. We do plan on moving back to the Philippines eventually. I prefer sooner than later, but finances play that role...LOL As of now, we are planning on living in Bohol, but nothing has been written in stone so to speak.
Living anywhere, it's always a matter of money! Secure a good retirement income before making a final decision on where to live in the Philippines! And have a back up plan if you decide the Philippines isn't for you!