Tattoos

warnt
Posted
Posted

Hi all , just a quick question i have and maybe someone can shed some light on this for me as im in disbelief !Is it true a filipino/a cannot travel to another country if they have tattoos on their persons ?I have been told this is true but im sure iv seen filipino s here in ireland with tattoos. Not much of a topic but still i want prove im right well least i think i am :)thanks

softail
Posted
Posted

Well if that is the case, are we looking at a strip search? MMM I mean how ya gonna know without a through examination? Could get interestingSugarwareZ-004.gif

warnt
Posted
Posted
Well if that is the case, are we looking at a strip search? MMM I mean how ya gonna know without a through examination? Could get interestingSugarwareZ-004.gif
lol true but i was told all filipina/o have to do a medical and it will go in that report ?? i find hard to believe but could have some merit ? i agree though could get interesting at airports :SugarwareZ-034:

TheMason
Posted
Posted

Tattoos aren't an issue for emigrating/visiting the US, but I don't know about other countries.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I don't think a tattoo is an issue in visa situations but I gather that they may consider someone with tattoos a risk for diseases such as in the below health risks.I would think that anyone from any country would have a medical to check for this if seeking a visa for permanent entry to another country but if it was just for a tourist visa I doubt that the applicants pants will come down for inspection if that's what you meant by on their "persons".

• There is a risk of getting Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV/AIDS and other infections when getting a tattoo. Protect yourself from Hepatitis B by getting vaccinated. There are no vaccines for Hepatitis C or HIV.
  • Do not drink alcohol before getting a tattoo, it can cause excess bleeding
  • Cleaning products and sterilizing equipment (such as autoclaves) are available and used. Autoclaves are the only acceptable sterilizers.
  • Make sure the tattoo studio is clean

warnt
Posted
Posted

Lol no when i said persons i just meant on their body this is just an topic i had with friend of mine there and i said no way i dont believe you cant leave if you have tattoo and she reckons its to do with how how others will view filipino/a s in other countries and reputation of filipinos in geneal will be frowned upon ? I dont now just topic that interested me as i know foreinors have no problem anywhere in world with tattoo so just seemed a bit over the top to me. thanks guys